Hi I recently switched rca cables. I went from a couple cheap sets to a Stinger set that Darvex is closing out. I now have alternator Whine in my system. I need some Ideas on how to get rid of it.

I have a Alpine cda9885

1. unhooked the rcas from amp noise went away.

2. unhooked rcas from HU noise went away

3. unhooked 2 of the 4 rcas from HU noise got louder

4. unhooked all rcas from HU hooked up old rcas and noise returned

5. ran a new ground for head unit still have noise

6. tried multiple point grounding still have noise

only thing left I can think of is to try the Pioneer rigging of the rcas direct to ground.

This sucks big buttholes.

please help with something that will work. :search: please.

Edited by Dr. Johnson

same thing happened to me just a few days ago, try a different amp because it ended up being my amp and i tried alot more than you did i even tried 4 different brand hu

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

you can get things that go inbetween your rca's, a ground noise reducer or something, i got one from this audio visual guy at work and it made my noise BAREABLE! .

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure the rca's aren't anywhere in range of the main power run anywhere in the circuit? If you haven't already I would run the RCA's on one side of the vehicle and ground and power on the other side.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

4. on my list I used different rcas over the carpet and seats and had the noise still. Power wires are both on opposite side of truck. The rcas actually go past 2 of the 3 rear batteries and the inline filter would just be a bandaid so it would not really be a good choice. I do not see how I can have one channel be worse than the other three and have the sound all of a sudden either. This is the link to the rcas:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=34083 the helix style.

Im not sure if this is right but do you unplug the rca's while the radio is on? If so I have heard that it can damage the hu. Try swapping out the head unit first just to make sure its good. Also all check all the grounds. And did you try putting the old rca's back on? I am saying this because I had it happen to me and I swaped the alt, rca's, all the grounds, and the amp and the noise still wouldent go away finally swaped the hu and it went away. So it could be the hu. Just a suggestion good luck.

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png