Need An Alarm For The Mini

i want a 2 way pager, but i dont need remote start, since its a stick shift.

if there is a way to do remote start, i might look into it. i NEVER leave it parked in gear, and no one drives my car except me.

i was looking at buying the viper 5002, since its the old style remote which i like (have the 791xv on my explorer) and it doesnt have remote start, so i figured its perfect for what im looking for

now i see this viper 5901...should i get this? what would i need to make the remote start work (clutch bypass or something?)

my friend has the old style remote on his truck (the 791xv remote) but he just got it a few months ago and is has the 1 mile range i believe

help me out

Actually the newer remote starts of today have good results with manual transmissions. When I first installed we wouldnt do them, but times have changed there alot safer and yes they have a neutral safety connection that will not allow your car to start in gear. Anything from Viper(Dei) is pretty decent.

where did you get your 5900? i thought about getting that, but i dont want to order it offline and get a bad alarm. i bought a compustar alarm once off ebay, from a seller with a ton of good feedback, and i installed the alarm, and didnt work. car wouldnt start etc. turns out the alarm was bad, and i had it installed correctly.

i waited too long to install it, so i couldnt return it, and i was out 200$.

Strange, their site says $224, then in the specials section it is $174.

I just got mine about a month ago from them for $179 shipped.

Maybe give them a call and see tell them you want the $174.

http://audiovideodimension.com/page_4.html

http://audiovideodimension.com/viper-5900-...ing-p-1387.html

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Archived