Air With Front Torsion Suspension?

I have a 75 Chrysler Cordoba i am trying to put on air. I bagged the back, but the torsion bar suspension up from is throwing me some problems. So far without completly replacing the front end the only thing i found is air cylinders, and they aint cheap. Looking to do this on a budget. Any Ideas??

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

I have a 75 Chrysler Cordoba i am trying to put on air. I bagged the back, but the torsion bar suspension up from is throwing me some problems. So far without completly replacing the front end the only thing i found is air cylinders, and they aint cheap. Looking to do this on a budget. Any Ideas??

if its anything like a mazda/toyota truck, you completely remove the torsion bars. if its anything like old desotos (circa 59) your not going to want to mess with it. what a pain!

heres my yota when it was bagged by innovative customs.

l_cc919c69aaa8ca6f4c620bcf024635ad.jpg

your going to want to remove your torsion bars. hopefully the car is setup with upper and lower control arms and not a strut. air cylinders are garbage, screw em. you plate the lowers or like mine raise the bag up, so u can take your bolt in and out to hold the bag down. your going to want a upper bag plate and it MUST be gusseted well. This is going to hold ALL of your front end weight on your ride. Think about that when you gusset it. Mine could have used a couple up top, but held fine.

If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right???

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

set scew lugs for all connections

Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout :(--this goes under the seat.

Have:

Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer

Check out my Toyota build

Here is a couple pics

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

I ordered a full "bolt on kit" from Airbagit.com They sent me a weld on kit, and the front bags wouldnt fit my car at all. I called them and asked them about it. They said they dont sell 100% bolt on kits-even though thats what they told me when i bought it. They also said the front fits just fine. I explained that the only way that the bags could physically fit was if i cut out almost the entire area, leaving nothing to hold the wheels. Then they said "see they fit, you just dont want to do the work". Then they wouldnt return my money for the front bags and brackets, they gave me store credit. So i ordered the shaved door handle kit(POS!! doesnt work), and a powder coated air tank.

Nothing good to say about airbagit.com or any of the other names they go by.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Here is a couple pics

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

I ordered a full "bolt on kit" from Airbagit.com They sent me a weld on kit, and the front bags wouldnt fit my car at all. I called them and asked them about it. They said they dont sell 100% bolt on kits-even though thats what they told me when i bought it. They also said the front fits just fine. I explained that the only way that the bags could physically fit was if i cut out almost the entire area, leaving nothing to hold the wheels. Then they said "see they fit, you just dont want to do the work". Then they wouldnt return my money for the front bags and brackets, they gave me store credit. So i ordered the shaved door handle kit(POS!! doesnt work), and a powder coated air tank.

Nothing good to say about airbagit.com or any of the other names they go by.

you dont need to ever order or use parts from AIM industries. That company is the devil of anything car related. I'm sorry you got screwed, but it's just how they work and could have been avoided by going with someone like suicidedoors, gravity works, street issue customs, or waylayed inc.

Your going to have to remove that shock in there, probably notch the frame, remove and cut out all bumpstops, plate lower arm, clearance upper arm, fit upper bracket correctly, gusset it....it's not for "the faint at heart". I hate to say it but I would accept the fact you bought sub par equipment from a subpar company and start all over. Maybe sell it on ebay?

If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right???

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

Have:

you dont need to ever order or use parts from AIM industries. That company is the devil of anything car related. I'm sorry you got screwed, but it's just how they work and could have been avoided by going with someone like suicidedoors, gravity works, street issue customs, or waylayed inc.

Your going to have to remove that shock in there, probably notch the frame, remove and cut out all bumpstops, plate lower arm, clearance upper arm, fit upper bracket correctly, gusset it....it's not for "the faint at heart". I hate to say it but I would accept the fact you bought sub par equipment from a subpar company and start all over. Maybe sell it on ebay?

I found out fast, the hard way. I am completly new to the air suspension, but i know i would love to have it. Right now my Doba is a very low budget build. Im not looking for anything great, just slow up and down.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

I found out fast, the hard way. I am completely new to the air suspension, but i know i would love to have it. Right now my Doba is a very low budget build. Im not looking for anything great, just slow up and down.

you may only want something to raise/lower but you don't want stuff on your ride that will fail. i say "will" because...it WILL FAIL. Aim/airbagit/and the 10000 other names they go by are WIDELY known to sell polished turds to anyone willing to buy. Sell it on Craig's list, or eBay and just thank yourself you got rid of the garbage. It's someone else's mistake then. you want the quality parts of places like suicide doors, grant fab, and the others i mentioned. i can get parts for you as well and probably cheaper than other places i just don't have a website to go through. i've done my share of sales and it's worked out just fine. pm me if you want. i just would hate to see you get it all done up and then it fail giong down the highway and hurt yourself or worse, someone else and their family. suspension is one place you don't save a hundred bucks on the setup.....your car (and life) rides on it

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

Have:

you may only want something to raise/lower but you don't want stuff on your ride that will fail. i say "will" because...it WILL FAIL. Aim/airbagit/and the 10000 other names they go by are WIDELY known to sell polished turds to anyone willing to buy. Sell it on Craig's list, or eBay and just thank yourself you got rid of the garbage. It's someone else's mistake then. you want the quality parts of places like suicide doors, grant fab, and the others i mentioned. i can get parts for you as well and probably cheaper than other places i just don't have a website to go through. i've done my share of sales and it's worked out just fine. pm me if you want. i just would hate to see you get it all done up and then it fail giong down the highway and hurt yourself or worse, someone else and their family. suspension is one place you don't save a hundred bucks on the setup.....your car (and life) rides on it

I agree 100%. Thank you for your concern. Right now i am at a stand-sill with my project due to funding. :( When I have the money i will look further into it. Thank you again.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

http://www.airassisted.com/ is the place to go for bagging anything call them up ask for kevin or rob Toll Free 1 866 385 6569 and they will be able to help you, i know they are located in toronto but they have a warehouse in US and they ship there stuff very fast, also check out http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showforum=17 those guys over there knoe there shit too

the torsions on the Caddy are also removed FYI...

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

yah, you remove the torsion bars and shocks completely. sorry if i didnt specify that.

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

Have: