i wanna see vids of it wen done

Definately. I just need to work on the box some more. Brace the ports a little better like aznboi said, glue more on the corners, and fix the port.

lol, still confused on what to do though.

Would cutting it 1.5" be sufficient? (aka, no whistling/port noise, and the tuning?)

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

Definately. I just need to work on the box some more. Brace the ports a little better like aznboi said, glue more on the corners, and fix the port.

lol, still confused on what to do though.

Would cutting it 1.5" be sufficient? (aka, no whistling/port noise, and the tuning?)

cutting it that much wont really do anything to tuning just as long as u brace it u shouldnt have any port noise

2 18's Fi SSD All Options Dual 2 ohm

Rockford Fosgate T20001 Bd

1/0 gauge Knukonceptz power wire

Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation AVIC F700

13.62 cu ft box ..28 hz

250 amp alternator

2 kinetik 2000 batteries

Xs Vcm Module

Posted Image

tip: never rely on lowes to cut wood. nowhere near precise enough (as you see). if anything, have em cut once in a spot that gives you lee-way in order to fit it in the truck/car to take home, then measure and cut yourself. i had em cut mine in half once cuz i needed a piece that was 45" x 42" or somethin. so i had a few inches extra to exact my cut.

also...round over the edged of the port on the inside and outside. it will help prevent port noise from whippin around the ports sharp edge

tip: never rely on lowes to cut wood. nowhere near precise enough (as you see). if anything, have em cut once in a spot that gives you lee-way in order to fit it in the truck/car to take home, then measure and cut yourself. i had em cut mine in half once cuz i needed a piece that was 45" x 42" or somethin. so i had a few inches extra to exact my cut.

also...round over the edged of the port on the inside and outside. it will help prevent port noise from whippin around the ports sharp edge

haha, Yeah, they screwed up worse the first time. They let us keep all the old wood so it helped us a lot having all that scrap. We had them cut the biggest peices and whatever. Wish my bro still had a truck so they didn't have to cut it lol.

So just round the edge of the port with a sander? I can do that, that's what I wanted to do but idk why I haven't yet. I will do that for sure. So you don't think I should cut it?

Btw, should I screw through the bottom up to the port walls? or just brace the sides? Or do both?

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

haha, Yeah, they screwed up worse the first time. They let us keep all the old wood so it helped us a lot having all that scrap. We had them cut the biggest peices and whatever. Wish my bro still had a truck so they didn't have to cut it lol.

So just round the edge of the port with a sander? I can do that, that's what I wanted to do but idk why I haven't yet. I will do that for sure. So you don't think I should cut it?

Btw, should I screw through the bottom up to the port walls? or just brace the sides? Or do both?

both

2 18's Fi SSD All Options Dual 2 ohm

Rockford Fosgate T20001 Bd

1/0 gauge Knukonceptz power wire

Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation AVIC F700

13.62 cu ft box ..28 hz

250 amp alternator

2 kinetik 2000 batteries

Xs Vcm Module

Archived