Sonic Electronix

Ok so at our shop here in Montana we have a Audio Authority Access demo board and I have a noise problem on our high end demo group. I've got a Eclipse Cd7200 MKII deck going to a Focal Fp 4.75 4 channel amp and I'm getting noise through the speakers. It's like you can here the transport moving when you change tracks, we have directly patched in to the deck with nice RCA's ie not through the switcher because this is a stand alone system to demo our nicer gear. I've never had a noise issue with this demo board before so I thought I'd bouce this off you guys while I dink around with it today.

Thanks

Mike

The Shoe Maker without shoes!

So there's constant noise?

If one or both of the components (probably the headunit) is using a discrete ground for the audio then you'll possibly get hum induced by the power supply. Try powering it with a battery for a moment and see if it goes away.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Sorry got totally side tracked by a subaru and a honda so I'm just trying out what you guys said give me a few and I'll get back to you guys. Oh and yes the noise is always there, just a hum if you not changing tracks. If you change tracks you here the decks transport moving, like a record needle.

Well after a traumatic experience with the car board I found the problem. However I dropped the sub out rca's down in a hole that only Stewart Little could fit into! Man I hate opening that thing up, it's only going to go down hill after that...but it was the deck I put in a Kenwood Kdcx 792 and no noise I put in a Eclipse and I get noise. Whats a guy to do I guess our board doesn't play well with Eclipse which sucks. Any ideas on making the Eclipse not have noise?

Have you tried another H/U of the exact same model. just incase.

any chance you have a set of RCA's, that does not have the outside grounding circle.

Its just something to try. I can't promise anything.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived