Second Skin Audio

Alright, I Need A Bit Of Help With Boxes

i'm thinking about getting 4 15" diamond audio subwoofers. i'm going to put them in an 01' tahoe. however, i need to figure out boxes. i can either do 2 15"s in one box ported to 35HZ then do the same with the other set and just put them together in the back or i can just do one big box. if i do one big box, i need a size. can anyone help? and if one big box, should i still port it to 35HZ or a different HZ?

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

they need the dimensions of your back area to build you up a box, thats what they will ask for *im not any good whatsoever at that stuff so i cant help* but giving you some advice, measure your back area and post it up :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i'm thinking about getting 4 15" diamond audio subwoofers. i'm going to put them in an 01' tahoe. however, i need to figure out boxes. i can either do 2 15"s in one box ported to 35HZ then do the same with the other set and just put them together in the back or i can just do one big box. if i do one big box, i need a size. can anyone help? and if one big box, should i still port it to 35HZ or a different HZ?

Ummmm.. Dimensions?

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

do you want to really bang the lows or are you going for higher SPL #s because tuning lower then that will bang the lows nicely !

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

you ought to just build a monsterous box and keep all the speakers together instead of separating them.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

no one can think of any box kinds? i guess i'll just go with building an 8cubed box and porting it to 35HZ for 2 and just build another one the same, then put them together then.

Yeah, I'd say stick with one solid box that's braced heavily on the inside, subs up port back. That seems to yield a good response in most trucks. Just make sure you have sufficient space and port area to compensate for the internal bracing.

Or...if you end up not having 'enough' air space or you want the box a bit smaller, just give the subs a little more power than rated. Just make sure your port is correct.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

so just one big box? i can do that. but what hz? i always thought 35hz was pretty good. i want some lows so i can have flex but i want it to be loud too.

is the the low notes that make flex or is it because of the port itself? because i want a bit of flex

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300