My Highout Put Alt

Hello i have a 240 amp alt before i contact the builder i hope i can get some info and help here..i have 3 yellow tops i did the big 3 using 0 gauge wire also have 3 runs of 0 gauge to the hot and to the ground i charge the batts on a regular basis..my alt use to put out 14.6 strong all the time now it is at 13.0 and goes lower the harder i get on it i have replaced the brushes and the internal regulator on it with not change the alt is about 3 years old..my ? do these alts just give out after a while? is there hope for it ? is it time for a complete rebuild or just get a new one and be done with it? any help on this would be great thanks..

what kinda power are you running amp wise? just wondering because that information will be helpful as well !

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i am running all rockford products a t4001bd,a t800.2,power 851x,power 551s..i checked the belt it is tight also i put the stock alt back on to see if it made a difference and it did my stock alt is putting out 13.9 of course when i hit it it goes down very fast to the -12 area which i do not do a lot just to see what the issue is..i really can not bump right now due to this alt problem..thanks for the input is there anything else any one can think of before i contact the builder? i have not herd of any one on this site that has an HO alt that just wears out does this happen? or does this happen just to me...thanks.

i am running all rockford products a t4001bd,a t800.2,power 851x,power 551s..i checked the belt it is tight also i put the stock alt back on to see if it made a difference and it did my stock alt is putting out 13.9 of course when i hit it it goes down very fast to the -12 area which i do not do a lot just to see what the issue is..i really can not bump right now due to this alt problem..thanks for the input is there anything else any one can think of before i contact the builder? i have not herd of any one on this site that has an HO alt that just wears out does this happen? or does this happen just to me...thanks.

One more time go andtake you car to a shop and tell them to put your idle above 800 rpm and trust me problem solve how many more times do i have to say it, read before you buy a product it tells you what to do with that product trust me that was the same thing even in a red light or stop sign when below 12v so good luck. what bat are you using.

ALPINE IVA-S106

AUDIO CONTROL EPIC CENTER

Jl Audio 1000.1 (4)

Jl Audio 300/4 (2)

MTX 9500 (4) 15"

MTX TXC (8) 6.5"

260 IRRAGI ALT

BIG 3

Los Angeles – The gang capital of the world

One more time go andtake you car to a shop and tell them to put your idle above 800 rpm and trust me problem solve how many more times do i have to say it, read before you buy a product it tells you what to do with that product trust me that was the same thing even in a red light or stop sign when below 12v so good luck. what bat are you using.

AH.. sorry i have no idea what you are talking about buddy...i said in my original post that i have 3 yellow tops..i only know of one company making yellow tops...optima..maybe you should read the post before telling me to "read before i buying the product"..and the voltage is 13.2 driving down the road at higher RPMs not idle ..at idle it is like 13.0..it drops lower when i am bumping the system further more it was idling at 14.6 when i got it so adjusting the idle is not the problem..not trying to start stuff just trying to see if anybody else had this issue and what might have fixed it before i contact the builder..peace..

G34 if that is what you mean about what kind of battery..

Archived