Second Skin Audio

4.2 Cu. Ft. @ 34 Htz Vs 4.5 Cu. Ft. @ 28 Htz

I have an AA Havoc 15, and my box now is about 4.2 cubic feet net tuned to 34 htz. Do y'all think it's worth it to make it 4.5 tuned to 28? I'm thinking there will be a quite noticeable difference, but maybe that's just me. What would y'all personally do? (no sealed isn't an option ;))

'06 Pontiac Grand Prix

Kenwood KDC-X591 H/U

Kenwood KAC-8403

-Rockford Fosgate 6.5's, 6x9's, Fanatic X tweets

T10001bd (over 1400 RMS)

-15" AA Havoc in 4.5 ft^3 tuned to 28 htz

vids...

I have an AA Havoc 15, and my box now is about 4.2 cubic feet net tuned to 34 htz. Do y'all think it's worth it to make it 4.5 tuned to 28? I'm thinking there will be a quite noticeable difference, but maybe that's just me. What would y'all personally do? (no sealed isn't an option ;))

noticeable difference in what? loudness? lows? what kind of difference are you looking for?

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

It really depends on your taste in music man. Be a little more specific as to what you're looking for.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Oh dear.

I'm sorry. That was a very short post.

Yeah I'm looking for lows. I listen to rap only. The majority of my music is anywhere from 25-45 htz. My system peaks at 33 htz right now, but I love to go lower. Yes I'm looking to get lower, and not sacrifice any volume if I have to. Not looking for SPL, but a higher score would be nice. Not my concern though. 25-35 htz is the main concern with this. Thanks!

PS- I have tried this sub in 2 boxes so far. 3.7 @ 34 htz was the first. I wasn't happy at all. Much happier with the one it in now, but it could be a little stronger on the lows I think.

Edited by nick_19

'06 Pontiac Grand Prix

Kenwood KDC-X591 H/U

Kenwood KAC-8403

T10001bd (over 1400 RMS)

vids...

yeah, tuning it lower like 28hz will make a pretty significant difference. it would be loud at lower freq but i would probably drop off b4 the 45hz mark imo. but im not 100% sure, wait for more feedback

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

Oh dear.

I'm sorry. That was a very short post.

Yeah I'm looking for lows. I listen to rap only. The majority of my music is anywhere from 25-45 htz. My system peaks at 33 htz right now, but I love to go lower. Yes I'm looking to get lower, and not sacrifice any volume if I have to. Not looking for SPL, but a higher score would be nice. Not my concern though. 25-35 htz is the main concern with this. Thanks!

PS- I have tried this sub in 2 boxes so far. 3.7 @ 34 htz was the first. I wasn't happy at all. Much happier with the one it in now, but it could be a little stronger on the lows I think.

we should be buddies... im the same way bro.... ~26hz-50hz is all i like really, anything else just buzzes my eyeballs to much and doesnt produce enough flex or :hairtrick:

how many sqin of port did u use for the 4.2@34hz

how many sqin of port do u intend on using for new box

and what kind of car?

keep in mind you are also bringing the sub closer to xmax likely with the same power in a larger volume box tuned that low... which can be a good thing so long as u dont smash the vc or rock the suspension

nice sub btw

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

we should be buddies... im the same way bro.... ~26hz-50hz is all i like really, anything else just buzzes my eyeballs to much and doesnt produce enough flex or :hairtrick:

how many sqin of port did u use for the 4.2@34hz

how many sqin of port do u intend on using for new box

and what kind of car?

keep in mind you are also bringing the sub closer to xmax likely with the same power in a larger volume box tuned that low... which can be a good thing so long as u dont smash the vc or rock the suspension

nice sub btw

Thank you!

Yeah, the meter doesn't really matter, as long as I've got the lows!

I doubt I could fit a bandpass, I'm already pushing my space w/ this box.

I used 57.25 sq. in. w/ 45'd edges on the port. The only reason I ask is b/c the box I have now has a plexi window, LED's and a fair paint job on it.

You can see the box in this vid:

The new box will have 52.5 sq. in. of port, still w/ a 45 in the port and on the edges.

Here are the specs:

boxplansjan09.jpg

Go ahead and steal the plan if you want!

My car is in my sig... '06 Pontiac Grand Prix. Sub facing up, port in the rear of the box facing towards the side of the trunk (driver's side).

Yeah this baby's got a good amount of xmax and I've got a SSF and I keep it on.

I think I'm gonna just do it. I mean I don't mind repainting and building the box. The plexi is also easy to put in, along w/ the LED's. It'll give me something to do ;)

'06 Pontiac Grand Prix

Kenwood KDC-X591 H/U

Kenwood KAC-8403

T10001bd (over 1400 RMS)

vids...