ok so im gonna replace my fog lights but i would like to have them stay on when i have the highs on. but something im wondering is lets say i wire them in like you do with an amp. but with a switch hooked up in the power wire. how would i get the lights to turn off when i turn the key off? without using an existing circuit. like is there soemthing i could use in the wiring that would work on the principle of the remote wire function on an amp? how would i go about wiring in a fuse panel inside the truck and have it where the power would be shut off to it when i turned the key off? is that how the inside fuse panel works anyways? oh and btw i dont have any open fuse spots or else i would just use one of those to wire up the lights.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

help me???

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

get a test light and check the fuses in your fusebox and see which one has power on when the key is on and run them of that .

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

yup! tap a switched source at the box then run a switch then to lights.

so when car is on your lights can be turned on/off but when car is off lights must be off

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

ok thanks. doesnt a relay act like a remote wire in a way? if i wired the lights dirrectly to the battery but stuck one in there on the power wire and had it hooked up to a fuse that was off with the vehicle wouldnt that work?

Foglights usually draw a good amount of current, I don't know that I would go just tapping into random fuses that protect my cars electrical systems...

Best bet would be to tap into your vehicles accessory wire at the igntion harness... or wire in a relay. If you would rather try one of those methods, post up and I'll reply back with instructions... too lazy to type them all right now :-D

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

yeah i wasnt gonna jusr run off the fuse panel and rig some crap up. didnt wanna risk ruining things. how would i go about using a relay?? your help would be greatly apreciated. oh and how would i go about tapping into the accessory thing at the ignition?? thanks

yeah i wasnt gonna jusr run off the fuse panel and rig some crap up. didnt wanna risk ruining things. how would i go about using a relay?? your help would be greatly apreciated. oh and how would i go about tapping into the accessory thing at the ignition?? thanks

What year durango?

Basically to do a relay... you could...

85-12v remote from your headunit

86-ground

87-12v fused from battery

30-to your foglights

Here is more info on some relays...

http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

its a 98. ok so that is the bosch relay i take it. ok so if i hooked it up that way where would i wire in a switch to use for when i didnt want them on? but still have it where they would shut off when i turn the truck off