Second Skin Audio

Looking For An Up-front Sub For Sq System...

i dont understand why u would only want ur sub to play below 40hz, maybe this is what u do with sql setups but why not just cross it over at like 60-70hz so ur mids dont have to work as hard. what 15" u goin with?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

i dont understand why u would only want ur sub to play below 40hz, maybe this is what u do with sql setups but why not just cross it over at like 60-70hz so ur mids dont have to work as hard. what 15" u goin with?

Not sure on sub yet. I was thinking RF T1 15". But people on here are slowly changing my mind to Fi or RE. Any suggestions??

Float mounted IPad Mini playing through Bluetooth

IStreamer for Iphone or Ipad

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

RE Audio XXX 6.5's in each door with a second set soon to be added to the front doors

Two Rockford T600-4's for the components

Blowthrough with two Sundown SA-8's

RF T1500-bd's for the subs

8000k H.I.D.'s in headlights and fogs

Lifted 2" in front and 2" in back (soon to be installed a Suspension Maxx 1.5" body lift)

17" Ultra Rogue 175's on Nitto Trail Grappler 285/17 70's

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

Five Hella Lights on front bumper

270A Mechman Alternator

Two Optima Yellow Top batteries

Dynamat double layered each door and roof, quadruple layered on back wall, single layered on floor with Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro on top.

see my first post

So, ya think I should ditch my 6.5" in the doors and do 8" in the doors with my 4" midrange and tweets? :unknw:

RE Audio XXX 6.5's in each door with a second set soon to be added to the front doors

Lifted 2" in front and 2" in back (soon to be installed a Suspension Maxx 1.5" body lift)

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

270A Mechman Alternator

Dynamat double layered each door and roof, quadruple layered on back wall, single layered on floor with Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro on top.

So, ya think I should ditch my 6.5" in the doors and do 8" in the doors with my 4" midrange and tweets? :unknw:

No what Im saying is do your 3 ways in the kicks and and your 8's in the doors. But if your set on the 3 ways in the doors then get creative and put your 8's in the kicks or under the dash or in the floorboards.

and on your thought of sinking the 15 in the back it could work. Its alot of work you have to build a very solid enclosure out of steel and deaden the hell out of it or drop a wood enclosure into the steel enclosure. Either way its gonna have to be weather proofed ont he outside of the vehicle.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

No what Im saying is do your 3 ways in the kicks and and your 8's in the doors. But if your set on the 3 ways in the doors then get creative and put your 8's in the kicks or under the dash or in the floorboards.

and on your thought of sinking the 15 in the back it could work. Its alot of work you have to build a very solid enclosure out of steel and deaden the hell out of it or drop a wood enclosure into the steel enclosure. Either way its gonna have to be weather proofed ont he outside of the vehicle.

I was gonna drop a wood enclosure down into the steel enclosure and then sound deaden between the metal and wood. So, it should be completely rattle free. As far as the 3way's go up front. I'm still debating on putting my 4" comps in the a-pillars and then keep the 6.5's in the doors and just a single 8" hidden subwoofer, just for some upfront bass. Watcha think roscoe??

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

270A Mechman Alternator

I was gonna drop a wood enclosure down into the steel enclosure and then sound deaden between the metal and wood. So, it should be completely rattle free. As far as the 3way's go up front. I'm still debating on putting my 4" comps in the a-pillars and then keep the 6.5's in the doors and just a single 8" hidden subwoofer, just for some upfront bass. Watcha think roscoe??

I've really been thinking and I really like the idea of the a-pillars, but I don't wanna build them. I'm lazy and don't have a shop or garage to do them in. I would have to do them in my apartment and that ain't happening. I was thinking of going with these:

Kar Design

Anybody had any luck with these?? :unknw:

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

270A Mechman Alternator

honestly for staging your not gonna want any speakers in your a pillers, but if you must want clean, loud and in your face then you can put them there.

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

honestly for staging your not gonna want any speakers in your a pillers, but if you must want clean, loud and in your face then you can put them there.

See, that's what I wanted to hear. That's why I was gonna keep them in the doors. Then just add some 8's in the kickpanels ora single 8" on the center hump under the dash. I don't want just loud to be loud. I'm a musician and I want great sound, not just loud. I love SQ systems. No offense to all the SPL guys. I love my bass, as much as anyone, but I really dig listening to all kinds of music and hearing all the subtle nuances of the music.

jason

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

270A Mechman Alternator

I cant tell you what to do, thats up to you. I can only suggest. Now that that is said and done, I would go with a 3 way mid/high combo in the kickpanels, 8" drivers in the doors. The doors will have to be worked over of course with alot of deadening and I would actually do a sealed enclosure for them if it was me. Then of course sub/s in the rear. A kick panel setup for your mids/highs are going to give you alot better soundstage for image height, width, and time alignment.

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg