Need Help With Alpine 9886 Usb

I just got the Alpine 9886 head unit. Can you use the USB to play your zune with? I dont have an ipod. I asked the guy at best buy and he said yes. I hooked my zune USB cord to the USB on the head unit, and the zune is charging, but when i press the source button to choose USB it says there is no USB connected.

Baylor University

Accounting

I want to know how I can play my Zune through my headunit (like an ipod). Is it possible to control the zune through the headunit with the search functions and all that?

Baylor University

Accounting

no thats why Alpine calls it "integrated iPod control" and the USB is for thumb drives

Not true. I used my phone thru the display model at the shop via usb.

Another installer at the shop uses a thumbdrive and his phone.

The Ipod cable is something completly different harness that comes with the headunit.

My boss also said the Zune should work, along with any other usb device that you can store music on.

The only thing is your search features would not be nearly as great as those from a ipod.

Got a external hd? That will work too. Only downfall is every time you turn your vehicle off, your harddrive would start back at the beguinning of the list due to no constant memory.

Also alpine makes a Ai net adapter for Alpine headunits that do not have the usb, which will allow you to use your mp3 players, thumb drives etc thru them. However your model headunit has this already intergraded into it. And Ive seen this done at the shop before.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/p...?model=KCA-620M

Your zune not working is proboly a result in older softwear.

From what ive read.

The patch to run the Zune as an external HD is readily available from places like www.zunescene.com

Do you have an option on your zune to set it as a portable drive when connected to usb? On my sansa it's called MSC or something.

I would even expect my phone would do the same, you have an option to set it as USB mass storage, where when connected via USB the phone act's as a portable drive and the device (the alpine) would run off of the direct memory and play the files from there.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived