Second Skin Audio

2 Re Se 10s T-line Tuned 27 Hz Vid Up

Clif

That's a pretty big box for two 10's!

If you had those 10's in a 10.5 cu ft ported box tuned low LOW..i wonder how it would compare?

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

can anyone point me in the direction of trans line info? about tuning, or genereal info. i understand the concept, just would like more examples of output or whatever.

I had an old paper on the other computer about trans lines I think...basically just a stuffed t-line. Stuffing slows down the speed of sound in the enclosure making it function as a line that is longer depending on the stuffing material and density.

Alot of people build T-lines and try to just make it work and they wonder why it doesn't sound good. This is the way to do it lady's and gentleman, I bet the lows are just amazing. Now lets see some vids.

Drew

The lows are just undescribable!!! and they sound just as good when i pop in some rock music. subs just stop on a dime.

damn i want a t-line so bad.

just seems like the size of one for my 2 10's will be too damn big judging by the size of yours.

it depends. you can make them way smaller. i have mine tuned to 27 hz and its a 10ft vent or so. if you tuned it higher or stuffed it you can cut the size in half.

Here is you some more info on them

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1828

How much power do you have on it? 1200 watts rms im guessing since I only see one of your amps?

yea not even. the amp is not up all the way due to me not havin all my highs in. but soon.

I want to sell these and get to re sx's

the specs are way better and 1000 watts rms each :)

Nice box, the lows are amazing out of a T-line..........

verry

If you had those 10's in a 10.5 cu ft ported box tuned low LOW..i wonder how it would compare?

not even close, relly sluggish and the subs would get out of controll

theyd probably blow

`

yea probly

I had an old paper on the other computer about trans lines I think...basically just a stuffed t-line. Stuffing slows down the speed of sound in the enclosure making it function as a line that is longer depending on the stuffing material and density.

ive been told that if you stuff it you can shorten it from 3/4 to 1/2.

never tired anytihng with it though.

I do know i made a SHI ton of 45's for this box.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

cant really compare the two. it's a big box cuz it's a big port. they dont really have 'cubic' feet as a standard ported box does

yep, you can slow the waves down when stuffing it. you get your sq out of a smaller box but you loose some spl. I want to get som re sx and make a box at 32 hz and maybe make one at like 40 hz with stuffing to compare the sounds.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

theyd probably blow

`

I don't see why? A low tuned ported box would provide more damping and cone control than a t-line, after all. Granted maybe not that much control in a 10 cubic foot box ;) But that was more for the comparison of a LARGE ported box vs this T-Line. Is the T-Line actually more efficient? And if so, only at low frequencies?

cant really compare the two. it's a big box cuz it's a big port. they dont really have 'cubic' feet as a standard ported box does

I know the T-line doesn't have a large chamber (not even getting into tcabs :) ) but it DOES take up a lot of room. My point was, using the same amount of "space", how well could you do with a ported box instead? The T-Line may seem impressive, but it IS taking up an impressive amount of space and I just wonder if you gave a ported or bandpass box the same amount of room could you get a similar result?

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

I don't see why? A low tuned ported box would provide more damping and cone control than a t-line, after all. Granted maybe not that much control in a 10 cubic foot box ;) But that was more for the comparison of a LARGE ported box vs this T-Line. Is the T-Line actually more efficient? And if so, only at low frequencies?

A t-line is the best possible box made for a sub. a t-line is verry effiecent. they may seem to be only at low freq. cause the subs fs are at low freq. and that is the most common tunning point. I know my box tuned to 27 hz hits the lows so LOUDDDDDDDDD and hits the highs so much better then even a higher tuned ported box.

I know the T-line doesn't have a large chamber (not even getting into tcabs :) ) but it DOES take up a lot of room. My point was, using the same amount of "space", how well could you do with a ported box instead? The T-Line may seem impressive, but it IS taking up an impressive amount of space and I just wonder if you gave a ported or bandpass box the same amount of room could you get a similar result?

it just wouldnt. if you have a big big open box it could almost act like in a free air inviroment. with a ported box that big its just way to much volume for the subs. and would have a huge huge vent to go with it. With a bandpass box you could get close but its a t-line. T-line and horns FTW

Im not saying i hate vented boxes but im saying nothing compares. and when the application is right the t-line wins. but anything more then 2 tens or 2 12s in a tline is really as practical as your going to get. so anyting above that a vented enclosure would be better.

.....Cliffs midnight talk-a-thon.....

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

Archived