XS Power

Well so far I am not liking my Powermasters....

I got them 2/4, pulled them out of the boxes and they read 12.6. I put them on my charger at 14.8 to 14.9 for around 12 hours. When I checked them the next morning it didn't show being fully charged. After that I took them off the charger. I got a friends powermaster charger and tried it. I put it on the AGM setting at 25 amps (Like I read in the Powermaster section on the forum). It was charging at 14.1 and I clamped it at around 3.5 amps.

It errors out everytime. What is going on!!! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

im confused on what your saying, the Powermaster charger heekps erroring out? and how many batts?

im confused on what your saying, the Powermaster charger heekps erroring out? and how many batts?

Yes, the charger errors out. I have two batteries.

I am going to run it on a single battery to see if one or the other does the same thing.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Just because you are in the 25A mode does not mean the 1005 charger will ALWAYS deliver 25A. If you have two batteries connected in parallel (with nothing else connected to them... ie, no other loads) and the battery is connected to the charger and you turn it on in the AGM low mode, at 25A and 12V, you will get 25A of current (as shown by the amperage needle on the front of the charger) until you reach the end of stage 1 of the charge sequence. To reach the end of stage 1 the charger will need to bring the battery voltage up from it's resting point to approx. 14.4V. At this point, the charger will hold this voltage and the amperage will fall as it self absorbs into the battery at the rate the battery will accpet it. If after 10 hours the batteries have not reached 100% state of charge the charger will shut off and the error light will come on. If you have something connected to the batteries that draws the slightest amount of currnent the charger will not reach float because the charger has to see 700mA or less to pass over into stage 3, or the "float stage". In addition, if you are charging, or have charged at too high of a charge voltage, the battery's valves will be "open" and you will need to let the batteries settle long enough for them to re-seal in order for the charger to reach float stage. This is why it is important to properly charge sealed batteries, because the longer the valves remain "open" the shorter the battery's life will be.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

Just because you are in the 25A mode does not mean the 1005 charger will ALWAYS deliver 25A. If you have two batteries connected in parallel (with nothing else connected to them... ie, no other loads) and the battery is connected to the charger and you turn it on in the AGM low mode, at 25A and 12V, you will get 25A of current (as shown by the amperage needle on the front of the charger) until you reach the end of stage 1 of the charge sequence. To reach the end of stage 1 the charger will need to bring the battery voltage up from it's resting point to approx. 14.4V. At this point, the charger will hold this voltage and the amperage will fall as it self absorbs into the battery at the rate the battery will accpet it. If after 10 hours the batteries have not reached 100% state of charge the charger will shut off and the error light will come on. If you have something connected to the batteries that draws the slightest amount of currnent the charger will not reach float because the charger has to see 700mA or less to pass over into stage 3, or the "float stage". In addition, if you are charging, or have charged at too high of a charge voltage, the battery's valves will be "open" and you will need to let the batteries settle long enough for them to re-seal in order for the charger to reach float stage. This is why it is important to properly charge sealed batteries, because the longer the valves remain "open" the shorter the battery's life will be.

So he probably overcharged his batteries and opened the vents and gassed his batteries? I think that is why the instructions that came with the battery say never to exceed 14.4v charge rate. Maybe he didn't read the directions. Sounds like he blew up his brand new batteries. Is there a warranty that covers over charging?

So he probably overcharged his batteries and opened the vents and gassed his batteries? I think that is why the instructions that came with the battery say never to exceed 14.4v charge rate. Maybe he didn't read the directions. Sounds like he blew up his brand new batteries. Is there a warranty that covers over charging?

I read the directions for the batteries, thats why I am not using my charger.

Scottie

The PM charger is now putting out around 1.5 amps, so should they be close to the float stage now?

Edited by banginAltima

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

Well so far I am not liking my Powermasters....

I got them 2/4, pulled them out of the boxes and they read 12.6. I put them on my charger at 14.8 to 14.9 for around 12 hours.

I read the directions for the batteries, thats why I am not using my charger.

It looks like you did charge them with your charger. Looks like you overcharged them too. How much amperage was that 14.8v~14.9v charge at?

Now if I were you, I would demand a warranty exchange because you have people here saying that 15v is OK, yet the manual says 14.4v MAX.

It looks like you did charge them with your charger. Looks like you overcharged them too. How much amperage was that 14.8v~14.9v charge at?

Now if I were you, I would demand a warranty exchange because you have people here saying that 15v is OK, yet the manual says 14.4v MAX.

It was on a 2 amp trickle charge (it takes forever to fully charge any battery, esp. two at a time, I'm not worried about that). Voltage starts low then ends high. When I started them the voltage was 13.6, they would have only been charged above 14.4 for less then 3 hours.

I figured out why it would go into to the float stage. It's all good now. Will try them out this weekend.

Edit: Also i was wrong about them being on charge the first time for 12 hours, it was only 8.

Edited by banginAltima

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

banginAltima: I'm sure your tech issue has been solved by now, but just in case please email us at [email protected] with any questions you want immediate answers to. Or you can feel free to call us at our toll free 800-862-7223. I am not able to visit the forums regularly, so sometimes your questions may go unanswered in here if they are too technical.

If your question has not been answered, then I would be happy to help further, but suspect that your batteries are fully charged already which is why you are getting such a low amount of amperage from your charger. I will try to get a link to a .pdf of the charger manual so forum members can read up and better understand the operation of the 1005 Intellicharger.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER