S10 Blazer + The Big 3

I done the big three a day ago and work fine all day today with no problems...... And then I got home from work today parked it in the garage and went in side for about 2 hours. Then all of a sudden my horn was going off. It was beeping like it was the alarm or anything it was just stright going off. So i hoped in in and tried to start it to see if it would stop. But when it started the starter kept going so I killed it but the starter would stoped so I pulled the + off. And I let it sit and reset. Then I tried it again and it started with know problem but the horn wont stop. So I pulled the fuse on the horn. What could the be?? Could the big three cause this? I dont see why it would......

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

I done the big three a day ago and work fine all day today with no problems...... And then I got home from work today parked it in the garage and went in side for about 2 hours. Then all of a sudden my horn was going off. It was beeping like it was the alarm or anything it was just stright going off. So i hoped in in and tried to start it to see if it would stop. But when it started the starter kept going so I killed it but the starter would stoped so I pulled the + off. And I let it sit and reset. Then I tried it again and it started with know problem but the horn wont stop. So I pulled the fuse on the horn. What could the be?? Could the big three cause this? I dont see why it would......

Interesting situation to say the least.... not generally something that the big-3 would cause unless you knocked something loose when you were getting all the wire hooked up and tightened down. Either that or you might have some wires crossing somewhere, and if it's a power wire, you could be sending a constant current to whatever wires might be crossed like your horn and such. Kind of doubt this though, since you usually don't get this lucky and just have your horn go off constantly, generally causes something to get fried and the wonderful smoke/smell of electrical.....

Wish I could be of more help but never run into this situation personally. My best guess is still that you knocked something loose or maybe cracked a different wire when installing and tightening everything down.

wow done the big 3 a couple times with out these results! Check All your wires you put in there and the wires close. I would look for any bare wires that could cause shorts.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Ya I dont think it was the big 3 either. I check all 3 wires and they are clean and coverd. Maybe its just some thing to do with the ecu. I have been having voltage drop from the amp. I dunno....... But I just got home and put the fuse back in and I have no problems. And the horn working fine. I am very confused. Should I hook the amp back up and see if it does it again or what??

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

Ok what ever it was it poped my interior fuse. But I replaced and everything is working perfect. What size fuze should I run between the batt and alt?

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

Ok what ever it was it poped my interior fuse. But I replaced and everything is working perfect. What size fuze should I run between the batt and alt?

depends on the size wire you are using. 250 or 300 amp fuse for 1/0. some people (such as myself) don't use a fuse between the battery and alt, you can add one for that warm fuzzy though.

Edited by dmanson

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I had something liek that happen once. I dont thin kit was cause of the big 3. I sprayed down under my hood and coverd up all the electrical and one night playing ball i hear an horn going off and started gettign annoying. I stop look over at my blazer and its going off. I ran over there and since i already had the rachet out cause i did the big 3 two days prior pulled the + off and went back and played for abotu another 2 hours plugged it back in and no problems since. that was like 2.5-3yrs ago

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

What will happen with no fuse?

well if ur power and ground or anything that will do a short in in ur electrical there will be nothing 2 stop it and it will short out or melt ur wires

a fuse is like a road block when a short or anything like that

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.