Sonic Electronix

Just wondering what everyone that does uses to put inside therir box to smooth out everything, or is coating it even worth it?

fiberglass i would have 2 say

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Just wondering what everyone that does uses to put inside therir box to smooth out everything, or is coating it even worth it?

As already state fiberglass resin, and to answer the question of is it worth it yes you better believe that it will help your score up to 2db's if you sand the shit out of it and get it as smooth as glass.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

You think just the resin by itself no fiberglass? Also, I know that the mat is where the strenth is but if I was to just resin the inside of the box no mat would that add strenth as well as smooth it out?

You could use mat on the first layer, but be prepared to put tons of resin on top of it and sand the hell out of it to get it smooth enough. Resin by itself will be more than strong enough. Just pour it in and spread it all around even and then sand it and repeat when it's dry.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived