Full Ground Runs?

whats the purpose of running long runs of ground from the front batteries to the back ones... why cant u just run the power and then ground the back batts to the frame of the truck??? maybe im missing something let me know

02 dodge ram quad cab 4.7

pioneer 9800bt

pioneer 5700 dvd(yes 2 headunits 5700 for dvd only)

1 re xxx 15 (new style in center console)

4 18" fi btls in snugtop

12 mb quart 6.5s original ones not maxxsonics (kicks, 3 in each front door 2 in each back door)

quart 4" dash sp

2 soundstream xxx6500s

1 pd asa1000.1 for the xxx15

4 pb asa600.4 highs

4 7" screens

1 15" flipdown

2 red tops

16 g31 yellow tops

playstation 2

4 8x11 p.a. horns under truck (music plays through them)

db 80.2 for horns

2 underglow kits (1 flex kit in fenderwells)

24" martin bros vampires

whats the purpose of running long runs of ground from the front batteries to the back ones... why cant u just run the power and then ground the back batts to the frame of the truck??? maybe im missing something let me know

well that's a good question. i hear it helps the voltage come back up quicker. could be more to that but i don't have the answer.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

thats what dont make sence, when u hear ppl talk about puttin amps or extra batterys in the car u hear em say "make ur ground as short as possable", but why run ground to front and rear when the frame does pritty much the same thing?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

well a good run of 1/0 negative and then grounding the battery(s) at the back always helps. i personnally didn't ground my back batteries but my voltage holds up good.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

There is a need for ground runs in certain situations. For example, cars with an epoxy glued unibody don't properly carry the ground from front to the rear of the car through the glue joints.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

some cars dont have a "frame" per se, some unibody cars just suck balls for chassis ground.

people like meade who run 1300a of alternators and 10,000cca of battery, the lower resistance afforded by extra runs of power/ground from front to back gives you a bit of voltage (like .1-.4 extra volts, which probably gets him like 1000watts extra) and keeps everything working together better.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

In most unibody cars, you will have issues with ground loops and ground continuity through the entire body due to small spot welds and gaps being filled with seam sealer, the full runs are to ensure that there is a common ground source being ran through out the entire vehicle from the generation of the power at the front battery and alternator to the back where the amperage pull will be from the amplifiers and to any auxillary batteries.

This is the case in almot any car made anymore or truck being that full seam welding which creates a better greound path through the vehicle is time consuming and inturn raises vehicle costs for the manufacturer.

Raytard beat me to my explination and said the same thing basically damnit lol

Edited by kandiman71874

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

ive personally only done it on maybe 5 cars, 3 of which was to eliminate ground noise (i think it was a camry, a suzuki aerio, and some other cheaper unibody imports)

its a lot of extra work and materials to use if you dont have a need for it (fix ground noise or need every last fraction of a volt possible)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC