Stinger Voltmeter

I really feel like a idiot sometimes. I bought a Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD. I ordered a Stinger digital voltmeter to go along with my future electrical upgrade. The meter keeps craping out on me whenever I turn the car on or off. One time, it only illuminates the Stinger symbol, the next time it works fine. The next time, it only illuminates a few lights. Then, the next time a couple of the led lights stay on after turning the car off. If I disconnect it from the battery, it resets and works fine for a while. I think it's just a bad meter but I want to make sure I have it installed correctly before I send it back.

I have the red constant 12V wire connected directly to the battery, the ground is connected to the chassis and the blue 12v trigger wire is connected to the red ignition switch 12v wire on the back of the Pioneer.

IF you tie the blue and red together and put it on the positive terminal and put the black on the ground does it still do that? If not, re-run your wiring.

I haven't tied them together but I did re-run all the wiring. It worked fine for a bit then started goofing up again

The malfunction is very inconsistent. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it don't

Edited by rk772

What kind of vehicle are we talking? Strange to say but I wonder if your not giving it too much voltage and the LED insides are going out because of the overload. One of the big issues with LED in vehicle use right now is that you can buy the nice pre-wired 12v LED's, however most of our vehicles put out well close to 14-15 volts at certain times such as when the vehicle is started.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

i've noticed with mine that they dont like to have the power cycled off then back on real fast either. It's like the meter doesnt totally shut down then when the power comes back it will only light the stinger logo. give it a few seconds inbetween turnign the key off and then back on and i havent had that problem at all. Mine is also wired up on an interupter switch so i don thave to constantly have the blue attepting to blind me while driving at night. there needs to be a dimmer on them bishes...

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to mine once too. Just the stinger logo lit up but it didn't show the voltage. It did it for like a day or two and then when back to normal. I never moved it or messed with the wires or anything, it may just be the meter. I have mine connected to my 2nd battery in the back.

94 3000gt

18" Kicker Solo X

KX2500.1

2 KX350.4

8 JBL Coax Speakers

250A Mechman Alt