Second Skin Audio

My Wall Design

alright i made this earlier. 4 18 btl's. i put the basic dimensions i have room for i my car. can somebody help me out with this port and stuff or does it seem right? like ive said in some other posts i dont know how to figure out port size so helping me with the dimensions of it would be awesome. im fixing to start building this thing as soon as i get that figured out.

n212801547_30794900_2156.jpg

i do have the front doubled up in this drawing and those dimensions with that included are

left to right - 4'1"

front to back (with the front doubled up) - 2' 6 3/4"

bottom to top - 3'4"

port depth - 1' 7 5/16"

port heigth - 3' 1"

port width - 7 13/16"

cant really see them in that pic. like i said, all i really need is somebody to help me out with that port and let me know if u think thats enough room for 4 btl 18's.

Edited by rookie023

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

4 Kicker CVX 12's (under construction)

14jamvo.jpg

That will be tuned pretty low. But if thats what your looking for then yes that would work :)

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build

alright i made this earlier. 4 18 btl's. i put the basic dimensions i have room for i my car. can somebody help me out with this port and stuff or does it seem right? like ive said in some other posts i dont know how to figure out port size so helping me with the dimensions of it would be awesome. im fixing to start building this thing as soon as i get that figured out.

n212801547_30794900_2156.jpg

i do have the front doubled up in this drawing and those dimensions with that included are

left to right - 4'1"

front to back (with the front doubled up) - 2' 6 3/4"

bottom to top - 3'4"

port depth - 1' 7 5/16"

port heigth - 3' 1"

port width - 7 13/16"

cant really see them in that pic. like i said, all i really need is somebody to help me out with that port and let me know if u think thats enough room for 4 btl 18's.

the box is around 30 cubes and the dimensions of the port its tuned to 27 hz

Edited by dt64bulldog

2 18's Fi SSD All Options Dual 2 ohm

Rockford Fosgate T20001 Bd

1/0 gauge Knukonceptz power wire

Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation AVIC F700

13.62 cu ft box ..28 hz

250 amp alternator

2 kinetik 2000 batteries

Xs Vcm Module

ok well can you help me tune the port higher? is the port depth good enough? they say to tune btls in the 30's right? lets try 32hz. what would i need to change those port dimensions too?

Edited by rookie023

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

14jamvo.jpg

Well the ports gonna have to be bigger so your box is gonna have to be taller or wider. and yea i would go around 32-34Hz

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build

What kinda car do you have dude? Cause it's hard as hell to fit 2 18's high in most vehicles. If you have enough room and can fit them I'd say tune the box closer to 35 or 36hz. It'll still drop pleanty low enough but it will be closer to your car's resonant frequency and be louder overall. Honestly too I'd only go with about 6 cubes a woofer so you won't need a box much bigger than 24 cubes after displacement. As for port area I'd do 88sqin per sub which would be 352sqin and 14.66sqin per cuft. If you can honestly fit those 2 high I'll help you find out how deep you need to make the port.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Well the ports gonna have to be bigger so your box is gonna have to be taller or wider. and yea i would go around 32-34Hz

i couldnt figure out how to do it in google sketch but i could take that little extra area out on the top and bottom of that port and make the port 9" wide and 3' 2 1/2" tall at max. i have room to make it go farther in the box or not so far in the box too. i wanna get this figured out. please help

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

14jamvo.jpg

i couldnt figure out how to do it in google sketch but i could take that little extra area out on the top and bottom of that port and make the port 9" wide and 3' 2 1/2" tall at max. i have room to make it go farther in the box or not so far in the box too. i wanna get this figured out. please help

ok that may not be exactly rite. im trying to get it all figured out to make the port as big as i can. OK EDIT those numbers up there. my max width is 8 1/4" and my max heigth is 3' 2 1/2"

question. how do you mean you dont think i could fit 18's high? i have a tahoe im building a c pillar wall

Edited by rookie023

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

14jamvo.jpg

What program did you use to design that box?

My First Set-Up (2008)

-Kicker CVR 2 ohm 12's in crap Prefab box

-Rockford digital 1 farad capacitor

-Hifonics Bxi1608d

-DB Link 2 gauge wiring kit

-Pioneer DEH-P3000IB Head Unit

My New Set-Up (2010)

-4 Alpine Type E 10's

-2 Apline MRP-M450's

-Custom box tuned @ 36 hertz

-JVC KD-R310 Head Unit

-Rockford Fosgate 4 Gauge wiring

-Monster Cable RCA's

On the poor mans budget

What program did you use to design that box?

google sketchup.

redid the port a little bit and i used 12volt to figure out a few things. it says its 30.6666 cubes and supposedly with the new port is tuned to 32hz but i could be wrong. will somebody help me.

heres the new port

n212801547_30795150_14.jpg

the port depth is 13" and its 8.25" wide and its 38.5" tall. whatcha think?

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

14jamvo.jpg