Remote Axcessing Linksys Router?

My sister just called me and told me her computer messed up today, she calls tech support, evidently some fucker hacked her shit. As if she doesn't have enough on her plate, raising a child, unemployed, and today was her final for her online class that she was unable to take it because of some asshole hacking her. If I wouldn't get fired for taking off work tomorrow I would go there but its a 3 hour drive there. Is there anyway i can remote axcess her router to set up some better protection, and look into seeing if the ip of the hacker is in the logs? I'd try to walk her through doing it over the phone but there is just no way. I have her IP, and her ssid, and pass, admin password and such to her router.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

ok, tell her to unplug the router and modem for 2 minutes, then plug it back in, that will reset any setting made to it...

Then tell her to equip it with WPA-2 encryption...which would take a hacker literally a thousand years to hack into that ;)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

sorry bro, just read the entire thing, and setting up WPA-2 isnt that hard, does she hapen to have XP? i believe there is a way for you to look in her computer from your house, its done through the control panel.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Well i drove up last night shortly after posting this topic, I fixed her all up =) Thanks for the help everyone.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.