aanyy Posted February 14, 2009 Report Posted February 14, 2009 Has any one tried sub up port back in a trunk cart currently has a pair of Fi BL 12'' in the trunk of a 95 Cutlass Ciera (small trunk) sub back, port back,port center. I want to go with 4x 10''s sub up,port back,port centered between two rolls I have about 4.25 cu. ft. to work with(38''w-14''h-22''d) I'm looking for more cone area. I have GP 3000d to drive them with What sub do you guy's recommend? (in the range of $200 per sub) I listen to rap/ Rand B I welcome any advice Thanks!!!
C 45. Posted February 14, 2009 Report Posted February 14, 2009 youd be better off porting through if your going for louder adding more doesnt always help if you face them up way more rattle just go with two decent subs in a port through style box either through the arm rest or rear decklid must be nice huh
aanyy Posted February 14, 2009 Author Report Posted February 14, 2009 I think I'm going to try putting two aeros in the rear deck
Nightshade Posted February 14, 2009 Report Posted February 14, 2009 I think I'm going to try putting two aeros in the rear deck That sounds like a good idea. If the seat folds down then maybe try subs foward port to the drivers side. That seems to work very well. If your interested in being loud on a meter then you could do subs up and port foward, but it's not the best sounding setup in the world it will get loud though. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
aanyy Posted February 14, 2009 Author Report Posted February 14, 2009 Thanks for the info! My back seat don't come down, so i'm going to put two 4'' aeros ,about 3'' deep in the rear deck But, i always wanted to try 4x 10'' setup
aznboi3644 Posted February 15, 2009 Report Posted February 15, 2009 not sure...haven't really worked on many trunk carts before
sodfamily Posted February 25, 2009 Report Posted February 25, 2009 Please post results if you do indeed port through the rear deck. I have a 91 cutlass ciera and was thinking of doing sub facing back and two ports into the rear deck. Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887 Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now) Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100 Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star) Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.