Second Skin Audio

Re Mt Or Cvr

I already have 4-cvr 15"s in a ported box tuned to 27hz powered by a mmats 3500.5.It really pounds hard.I recently purchased another mmats 3500.5,should I get 2 re mt 18"s or 2-fi btl 18"s or 4- more cvr 15"s for a total of 8 15"s.I really do not want to wall it off with the 15"s that why i am asking but I want more bass.I have a 2001 suburban with 4-15s and still have the third row seat,the box or the 4-15s is 15.46 cu.ft with a 120" port 19.25"s long.Can anybody tell me if 2-18"s will work in this amount of airspace.

2001 Southern Comfort Suburban sittin on 26"s

Eclipse 6620 double din head unit (2004 dash mod)

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

8-Cadence 6.5 midbass 4- in each door.

Image Dynamics Cd 1 pro HLCD

4-runs of KnuKoncepts 1/0 power wire

4-DC AUDIO lvl 4 xl 18"s in a wall

2-MECHMAN 270 AMP alternators(2 more on the way)xs power VCM

7-Deka intimidator group 31 batts(soon to be Xs power)

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

1-Rockford Fosgate 360.2(operated by Palm tungsten T5)My link

stupid question cone area, 8 15's is going to be a hell of a lot louder then either dual 18" setups. very stupid question sorry

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

now now, no such thing as a stupid question but the truth lies within the answer, if you want more bass you have to go with 4 more 15's. Plus if you are like me and are lookin for shock factor, 8 15's looks way more sick than a pair of 18s, even though that's the rage these days i guess.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

stupid question cone area, 8 15's is going to be a hell of a lot louder then either dual 18" setups. very stupid question sorry

More Cone area does not ALWAYS mean you will be louder!! WE all know a guy that has two 18's that is the loudest on the planet at this time, Alan Dante. A lot has to do with your build! Sometimes less is more! but not always.

Just buy whatever, read about it and buy the shit. Yep.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

Not to mention MT's are crazy efficient subs, but still the difference in cone area will put you at such a disadvantage against the 15's that the decision should be fairly simple.

As far as the reference to Alans setup, that's like comparing apples to oranges. You can't compare a system designed to transduce electrical power into one specific frequency as efficiently as possible to something used to play music. There are more differences than similarities between a setup like Alans and a music oriented system.

What Alan does is certainly impressive and respectable, I don't really see any ties to "car audio" with his setup, except that his enclosure is on wheels. To me that doesn't belong in car audio, but we all have our opinions. :)

Edited by creyc

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Id say, it also depends on how you want to do it, and how much room you got? 8x 15's ported is alot of space, figure at least 3cubes per atleast... if you wanna have a good enclosure ported enclosure, its gonna take up alot of room. So 2x 18's in slightly smaller boxes due to how much power he has, is not such a bad idea, and it may get louder the the 15, depending on the box the 15's are in.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

your right about the cone area, its way more then 2-18"s. BUT, it doesnt mean shit if the subs cant get loud. ive blown away 12-12"s with my 2 15" btl's. the question wasnt stupid, your answer was.

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg

i have two of the subs they are decent, not the best sq subs but they get loud. i know 8 of them would be crazy, u cant compair alan donte to any of us, he is a world class competetor. isnt he running dd'z with an insane amount of power to them, in like an 8th order bandpass? that is a pure fart can, but gratz to him. this would be considered a groundpounder. wish i could do 8 15's in something, shit would be crazy. pm me, ill help ya out, ill need to know vehicle its going in.

if u decide to go with the 18's let me know, ill grab those cvr's from ya. lookin for somethin to put in my womens explorer xD

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

FYI I'm just over 1db louder with a single NightShade 15" then I was with 2 CVR 15"s off the same power. I would take a pair of 18"s over the CVRs anyday (but that's just my opinion).

Edited by Derrick824

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg