Sundown Audio

Which Amp Is The Best Bang For The Buck?

chubalicious

ill most likely be putting this setup in a blazer im in the market for a new car and i know there are alot more options in a SUV when it comes to systems. When i do my box i plan on taking one of Steves ideas lol... ive had my share of systems but i want this one to be my best. I have a lil shitty system right now that i wanna sell that just wont do the job that i want

ill most likely be putting this setup in a blazer im in the market for a new car and i know there are alot more options in a SUV when it comes to systems. When i do my box i plan on taking one of Steves ideas lol... ive had my share of systems but i want this one to be my best. I have a lil shitty system right now that i wanna sell that just wont do the job that i want

you will find as you go along in the build that Steve's builds, even though massive, are helpful for the techniques he uses.

also post as many questions you have on here along the way.

I did and it helped a bunch.

spend a lot of time on the box to get it right the first time.

if you can invest in some mids and highs unless you already have some because in my experience with one Fi Bl 18" it overpowers a lot of the highs.

sub up, port back on the box btw.

thats how lots of SUV's are done.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

thats what i plan on doing i keep going through all his builds reading everything and take lots of notes lol i wanna take pride in this one thats why im doing all my research all in advance... i also plan on going to school for car audio soon i hope. Oh and thanks for all your help so far. i really like this place it helps so much

thats what i plan on doing i keep going through all his builds reading everything and take lots of notes lol i wanna take pride in this one thats why im doing all my research all in advance... i also plan on going to school for car audio soon i hope. Oh and thanks for all your help so far. i really like this place it helps so much

I was in your position once. I read a few things about car audio and had some very basic skills under my belt and then once I ordered everything for my build, I grew a pair and registered on this forum.

Best thing to ever do. I had looked around on this forum and read basically every one of Steve's builds and then as I went through each step of my build; box, wiring, electrical I remembered each tid-bit in Steve's builds and went back and depicted them for details then asked on the forum what to do if it didn't turn out like I wanted.

I want to go to car audio school soon too... once I graduate.

Oh and if you are ever down about your build and how you think you will never finish... Get a demo from Steve. You will have the rest of the motivation left to finish.

Hell get a demo from anyone on this forum, they all seem to know there s***

Glad I could help.

and also last thing I would recommend going through some of my topics and posts because I asked a bunch of the newb questions that are necessary.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

I was in your position once. I read a few things about car audio and had some very basic skills under my belt and then once I ordered everything for my build, I grew a pair and registered on this forum.

Best thing to ever do. I had looked around on this forum and read basically every one of Steve's builds and then as I went through each step of my build; box, wiring, electrical I remembered each tid-bit in Steve's builds and went back and depicted them for details then asked on the forum what to do if it didn't turn out like I wanted.

I want to go to car audio school soon too... once I graduate.

Oh and if you are ever down about your build and how you think you will never finish... Get a demo from Steve. You will have the rest of the motivation left to finish.

Hell get a demo from anyone on this forum, they all seem to know there s***

Glad I could help.

and also last thing I would recommend going through some of my topics and posts because I asked a bunch of the newb questions that are necessary.

thanks again bro

Here's what I'd suggest. Get yourself a decent large battery like a Powermaster D3100 and also a new decent sized battery for up front like a Powermaster D1200. Next the 2 RE 18's that your planning on getting get them in dual 2's. Now you'll be able to wire each coil in parallel for a 1 ohm load per sub and then you can wire each subs into parallel for a .5 ohm load. Next go out and get a Crunch GP 3000D. You can easily run it at .5 ohms all day long for daily. You can pick one of those up at onlinecarstereo.com for $450 shipped and at .5 ohms it will do a good 3600+ watts. The 150 that you want will be very achievable with this setup. Even if it's in a no wall you should be able to do 150 db's with a decent box.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

ap30001d from audiopipe 3k rms at 2 ohm, and even more at .5 with the power to back it, and can be had for about 350~ google shopping ftw!

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ap30001d from audiopipe 3k rms at 2 ohm, and even more at .5 with the power to back it, and can be had for about 350~ google shopping ftw!

Have you ever clamped that amp and got a true power rating off of it? Because I know the guys from Db Linc have and they didn't even get 2000 watts out of one at 1 ohm.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

i would love to see these tests... if you can pull them up...

and no i cant test them because i dont have the equipment to.. but ALOT of people use these amps and dont have any problems with them

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones