nice man. love the pods. i like how your battery wires are ran in the trunk now it looks less busy.

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

Im also tunned in. Wasn't it fun with the alt? i hated installing mine on my maxima.

I know exactly what you mean, my knuckles still hurt !!! WTF were they thinking?

Would I need to remove anything to do a Big 3 on the stock alternator? or is it easy enough to get at.

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE
JVC KD-APD49 Headunit
(4) Infinity Kappa 652.9i components @ 2 ohm
(1) Infinity Reference 475a amplifier
(2) Skar Audio V-VXV1 12D4's
Hifonics Brutus 2100.1 @ 1 Ohm

----------------------------------------------
j9cBS.jpgxoGuA.jpg

Im also tunned in. Wasn't it fun with the alt? i hated installing mine on my maxima.

I know exactly what you mean, my knuckles still hurt !!! WTF were they thinking?

Would I need to remove anything to do a Big 3 on the stock alternator? or is it easy enough to get at.

First thing I would do is disconnect the ground from your battery.

Then remove the nut holding the charging cable to the alternator (under the rubber boot). Then stack your "big 3" cable lug on top of the charging cables lug and replace the nut and boot. Connect the other end to the positive terminal on your battery.

Continue running the rest of your grounds for the big 3 and your done.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

First thing I would do is disconnect the ground from your battery.

Then remove the nut holding the charging cable to the alternator (under the rubber boot). Then stack your "big 3" cable lug on top of the charging cables lug and replace the nut and boot. Connect the other end to the positive terminal on your battery.

Continue running the rest of your grounds for the big 3 and your done.

So basically you're saying just leave the original positive lead there without using it?

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE
JVC KD-APD49 Headunit
(4) Infinity Kappa 652.9i components @ 2 ohm
(1) Infinity Reference 475a amplifier
(2) Skar Audio V-VXV1 12D4's
Hifonics Brutus 2100.1 @ 1 Ohm

----------------------------------------------
j9cBS.jpgxoGuA.jpg

• 3 years later...

I know I'm replying to a old build, but I don't want to start a new post. So I have a 99 maxima and I brought a DC power alt like u have, I've brought it like 4 yrs ago. When I go to install it the harness that it came with was not the oem that's On The car. I called DC power and they told me that they never sold the right harness for my car. I would like to know did u run into the same problem and how did u fix it. Please need that help. Thank you.

• 1 year later...

I know I'm replying to a old build, but I don't want to start a new post. So I have a 99 maxima and I brought a DC power alt like u have, I've brought it like 4 yrs ago. When I go to install it the harness that it came with was not the oem that's On The car. I called DC power and they told me that they never sold the right harness for my car. I would like to know did u run into the same problem and how did u fix it. Please need that help. Thank you.

Sorry, haven't been on here in a while. The DC Power alt had a different plug than the stock alt, so I had to use the DC Power Plug that he included, cut off the factory plug and splice the wires. Hope that helps.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Archived