Second Skin Audio

Plexiglass/lexan Enclosure?

you dont want the material to "absorb" the sound.

Lexan or acrylic can work very well and most boxes built with this material are good SQ performers.

Gotta make sure you use thick enough material. I suggest 3/4" or more.

Also, a glass box is the world record holder in dB Drag SS 1-2 with a 169.4 dB with 2 18s.

Troy, i love the way they look too and i bet they can get expenisve at 3/4" or thicker. No doubt. Anyone know how expensive???? I am going for as much SPL as possible with this 1 18". Will i still get decent SPL with an enclosure like this? If not i was still going to use the regular MDF enclosure and paint the box with black Line-X/Rhino liner schtuff. ...Something different i have never seen before and it would be interesting. :drinks:

smd3.png

For a 4x8 Sheet of 1" Plexi or Acrylic is Almost $1200!!!! Or thats atleast what Tap charges...

And as for Rihno liner... Look at my Box!

BOXFINISHED.jpg

:wub: pics do that big bish no justice.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

$1200 is the going price for a 3/4" 4x8 sheet of lexan. It's scratches very easy, so use caution when handling it. It's cheaper to send a dealer your cut sheet and have them send you the peaces precut and ready to assemble when it arrives to you.

acry-weld as stated before is the adhesive to use. It causes a chemical bond to the two peaces making them into one IIRC.

$1200 is the going price for a 3/4" 4x8 sheet of lexan. It's scratches very easy, so use caution when handling it. It's cheaper to send a dealer your cut sheet and have them send you the peaces precut and ready to assemble when it arrives to you.

acry-weld as stated before is the adhesive to use. It causes a chemical bond to the two peaces making them into one IIRC.

lol....better not Glue the wrong piece or even a lill crooked your shit outa luck then!

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

For a 4x8 Sheet of 1" Plexi or Acrylic is Almost $1200!!!! Or thats atleast what Tap charges...

And as for Rihno liner... Look at my Box!

BOXFINISHED.jpg

that does look pretty baddass. I like the finish. :censored: plexi glass! that price!? Do you think it affected the sound at all covering the entire interior of the enclosure in that stuff since it's not smooth at all? Oh yeah, did you do it yourself or have it done professionaly at company that does rhino lining?

smd3.png