Second Skin Audio

Please Help, I Have A Problem.. It's Disgusting

1st off, please NO "there's barely any music with info below 30Hz" I know, I know, I know.... I don't care about barely. I want THE lowest songs to be my favorite songs, and I have no problem listening to them over and over once in a while then going back to "normal" music and having it much much quieter because it's significantly above my tuning. I am on yet another box thats tuned below 20Hz, and I LOVE it. However, being OBSESSED with lows as I really am, I still love 30Hz too. Because i tune so low, I can play mad crazy low songs without a care in the world, I can take it. But because of that, songs from 30-40Hz can be hazardous to my health.

I need ya'll to talk me out of this < 25Hz crap.... I want a Kicker 2500.1 and a box that will go as low as the lowest song out there. I keep getting larger drivers just to make sure that even above tuning I am still more than happy with my output. What I mean, is when i tune to 15Hz, I get a huge dip in safe power handling from 30-40Hz because the ports not helping excursion much. Basically I am getting close to acting like a sealed box... and hey, if I had a 22" IB3, I should be satsfied with a huge sealed box with my 30Hz on up output. So dropping a 15Hz port into it certainely does NOT make any less from 30Hz on up. So if I am sub 30Hz crazy and I tune at 15Hz, I should still have plenty of output from 30Hz on up, plus, I can drop all the way down and get sick "loud" in the bottom. Not really, i have 1000 watts on an 18" tuned to 15, and it's not "loud".... but the 22" should be, it is equal to 2 18's.

Trying to mod the 2500.1 SSF to 15Hz or 20Hz is just too much out of my way... I can't really afford the amp itself right now as it is, let alone tracking someone to mod it. I am good at pushing things too far in the 30-40Hz range because I can take gobs of power from 15Hz-30Hz, but as soon as it gets above that, problems happen. I'm sure as SHIT not gonna tune to 30Hz and call it a day. For the last 2 days I have been getting good listening time so i can shorten my port and raise my tuning to 20Hz and see if I can live with that. Bass I Love you just makes me giggle like a schoolboy bitch. I fuckin like 18Hz! But I am giving up 99% of my other songs to not even hear it, just ... experience it. But you guys keep going on and on about being tuned 27Hz-37Hz and claiming you can get down to 20-24Hz... IDK if we are talking the same "getting down to" with "authority" or not.

I could go on all night arguing with myself.

What songs actually drop below 25Hz? Bass I love you. Tocotta in B. Anything else? I don't even consider those 2 songs music. They are bass test tracks. Anybody can drop a few subsonic sine waves into a little tune. Any real music with intended content below 25? Cuz I really really want to raise it to 20Hz so I still have "rock bottom" but is 5Hz really enough to make a difference? And if I only raise it to 20Hz, and I am trying my hardest to play songs that reach my favorite sweet 20Hz spot, my kicker SSF @ 25Hz will PISS ME OFF so i would have to do what it takes to drop it a whole 5Hz...

I need help. I'm disgusting. I'm starting to sobb. I need to take a couple more Zanex... OK, just kidding... but come on!

IB3 22"

I showed you a vid of my two 15s tuned at 31hz....you be straight up honest with me do you think i can "get down"....I know quite a few ppl say it hurts there chest in my truck on the lows....

Trust me I like the lows just as much as you...well maybe not that low....about 22hz is my limit....much lower than that doesn't really entertain me even though I can play those frequencies with ease with no subsonic.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I showed you a vid of my two 15s tuned at 31hz....you be straight up honest with me do you think i can "get down"....I know quite a few ppl say it hurts there chest in my truck on the lows....

Trust me I like the lows just as much as you...well maybe not that low....about 22hz is my limit....much lower than that doesn't really entertain me even though I can play those frequencies with ease with no subsonic.

I guess I think of it from a scientific point of view. When you get below tuning immediately you unload. When you research it, you get the same info as plotting with software... you see excursion just JUMP way up and ouput down. So I can see getting as much as 5Hz lower than tuning solidly, but I have to guess that the rest is due to the car being part of your enclosure? Your box sitting out in your driveway may be tuned to 31Hz, but as soon as you put it in your car, now the whole car is the enclosure, and maybe it is tuned to 25Hz as a whole now, so now you can drop down to 22 without a filter?

So if I went all the way up to 25Hz where the SSF is automaticaly set on the kicker, I'd be just fine... I'd still be tuned lower than almost everyone else, I would still be able to hit 20Hz safely.... I take that back... you're not using a SSF, I don't want one either until 20Hz. I don't want 20Hz-25Hz being taken out in the least. I know, it's only 5Hz, but the point is I want the absolute lowest the loudest... so if there is anything there, I don't want it being filtered at all and I dont want it unloading at all, I want it PEAKING there. With a SSF at 25Hz, 5 Hz down from that is barely affected... but I'm being overly anal about this.

IB3 22"

I am not a fan of the ultra lows and I don't build for that, but why not tune in the mid to upper 20's and concentrate your effort on upgrading the electrical for even more power?

I have the Big 3 done and I have 6 Optima Red Tops. I will get a HO alt when I can, BUT, I only have 1000 watts now and I won't use but maybe 1/2 of the 2500.1 when I get it... just super clean power with a ton of headroom when I want it. I'll prolbably do a 25Hz tune. The SSF on the KX and ZX are NON-defeatable, fixed @ 25Hz... correct??

IB3 22"

could always do a multituned box

with both sides open say it will be tuned to 40 you close one say it will be tuned to 32

multituned.jpg

(i didnt read whole thread just the bottom so im not sure if this is what you need)

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

So you're looking for low hitting songs? for some reason Blue Berry yum yum is stuck in my head, could be my boxes are tuned weird but my subs can't register much of the song.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

you'll be fine tuning 25hz, even if you want to play 15, just be careful on the volume

my 43hz tune will drop to 28 at basically full power with no weird side effects/unloading, it may go even lower, i just dont have any music (yes i listen to music, not bass cd's, its a cool thing to do with a stereo imo) that drops lower than that, and even that is just one section of one song. 29hz like in "i love your girl" or something like that is played with similar ease, but then again my peak is definately high 30's/low 40's somewhere

the kicker amp, i'd suggest something else. unless you have your heart set on that log back there, if you want to go low its not the way, that ssf is locked in there. rockford t2k, the new t-2500 thats coming out, which would make you the coolest guy on the forum, atleast until meade straps 8 in his ride just to be the coolest guy ever..

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC