Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

height 1 can be the front or the back. front if you want your subs on the vertical side of the box, or front if you want your subs on the angled part of the box. height 1 is the box you want to use for a regular square/rectangle box. disregard height 2 otherwise. they're just labeled 1 and 2 to differentiate between the two heights.

and thanks smokey :)

ok so ima try posting the picture of what the program gave me specs on and i need a bit of help on it. can someone explain what kind of port it is since i just looked at all the posts on this thread and its saying its not a L slot port..and thats what i thought it was going to give me until it didn't give the right cutouts..

boxstat.png

sorry if it comes out really big i dont know how to shrink it

I like the idea of making a metric option as this would make life easy over my side of the world as everyone gives me their measurements in mm not inches. I work with inches as I prefer this little program as it works VERY well. Keep up the great work. I will be a loyal user until you no longer have it available. Hell it is on both my work computers and my 2 laptops for mobile designing. :drink40::good:

Systems:

Fun Car:

Deck: Alpine CDA-9887

Front sounds: Alpine SPR-175A x2

Front power: RF T400.2 Benched at 265x2 rms @ 2ohm

Subs: RF T1 10 dual 4 Ohm x1

Sub power: RF R500.1

Box yet to be built.

All in a Mazda 323 Hatch in the cargo area only.

Daily hack:

Deck: Alpine CDA-9886

Front sounds: RF T152 5.25" coax x2

Front power: RF Power T400.2

Subs: Alpine SWR-1021d x4

Sub power: RF Power T20001

4.59cuft net 56" of port tuned to 32hz.

Work ute

Deck: Alpine iDA-X303

Speakers front: Stock

Speakers rear: None

Subs: Alpine type S SWS-1040

Amp: Alpine MRV-T320 x1 for woofer.

Box 1.42 cuft 39hz hidden under tray in blow thru design.

New ute to be much different.

I like the idea of making a metric option as this would make life easy over my side of the world as everyone gives me their measurements in mm not inches. I work with inches as I prefer this little program as it works VERY well. Keep up the great work. I will be a loyal user until you no longer have it available. Hell it is on both my work computers and my 2 laptops for mobile designing. :drink40::good:

that's awesome! makes me happy people like it this much :D i may need a little help for metric when i'm ready for it (find the time to do it basically). the way i was going to do it was cm for inputs, but the inputs are mm? and then volume is liters?

and eduardo...if you're looking for an L slot port, you need to put 3 in the '# of common port walls' input box. right now it's blank, which the calculator sees as zero, meaning you have 4 independent port sides. so the port is theoretically in the middle of one of your box sides

gottahavbass...is the file a .exe extension? it needs to have that extension in order to open properly (right click it and click properties to see. it's the 'type of file' section near the top) if not, rename it with the .exe extension. i can show you how if you have it set up to where your extensions are hidden and need to change it

EDIT: will damn, beat me to it. exactly what i was going for tho :) most likely the problem with other users as well

Archived