Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

ok so ima try posting the picture of what the program gave me specs on and i need a bit of help on it. can someone explain what kind of port it is since i just looked at all the posts on this thread and its saying its not a L slot port..and thats what i thought it was going to give me until it didn't give the right cutouts..

boxstat.png

sorry if it comes out really big i dont know how to shrink it

ggg.jpg

here is something odd, the cutsheet matches but not box volume / Gross volume ? even with the same input :orly3:

EDIT

i`ll also have problems with gross volume being 1 ft3, while net is 1.74ft3 at this box dimms (H 14.3 x W21.6 x D1 12.9 D2 15.3) :woot:

my english isnt that good, so if i misstype a word, or dont bend it rigth, dont scream, just notify me ;) then i learn :)

As for the firs half of the of your post HomeFunk the baffle thickness is not entered in one but is in the other. As for the second half with the same inputs and no port inputs I get 1.89 net and gross. Hmm don't know there...

And for Torres inputs in either MM or CM works for anyone that I ask I think just a metric input of some sort and output in liters works. I work in both metric mm & cm as well as inches depending on what I am doing, a converter comes in handy when it comes time to get sheets cut down at the shop as here in Aus most of em 99.99% use mm only.

Cheers again for a tops program.

Systems:

Fun Car:

Deck: Alpine CDA-9887

Front sounds: Alpine SPR-175A x2

Front power: RF T400.2 Benched at 265x2 rms @ 2ohm

Subs: RF T1 10 dual 4 Ohm x1

Sub power: RF R500.1

Box yet to be built.

All in a Mazda 323 Hatch in the cargo area only.

Daily hack:

Deck: Alpine CDA-9886

Front sounds: RF T152 5.25" coax x2

Front power: RF Power T400.2

Subs: Alpine SWR-1021d x4

Sub power: RF Power T20001

4.59cuft net 56" of port tuned to 32hz.

Work ute

Deck: Alpine iDA-X303

Speakers front: Stock

Speakers rear: None

Subs: Alpine type S SWS-1040

Amp: Alpine MRV-T320 x1 for woofer.

Box 1.42 cuft 39hz hidden under tray in blow thru design.

New ute to be much different.

here is something odd, the cutsheet matches but not box volume / Gross volume ? even with the same input :orly3:

EDIT

i`ll also have problems with gross volume being 1 ft3, while net is 1.74ft3 at this box dimms (H 14.3 x W21.6 x D1 12.9 D2 15.3) :woot:

when did you download the program? mine matches with eduardo and bassmekaniks. i got the same numbers as eduardo and when using your dimensions i also come up with 1.89 cubes net. try to redownload and recheck? you might be using an older version that might have had a mathematical flaw that you downloaded before it was found and corrected.

and bassmekanik, when (and if) i can get around to adding in metric, would you mind helping error check with me? metric isn't my standard unit so it'd be nice to have extra eyes to check it over that are more accustomed to it.

Would be a pleasure mate

I can add together numbers just nice so should be easy. I was designing sealed boxes with a simple old calculator untill I got this but I am no good without this for ported boxes.

Systems:

Fun Car:

Deck: Alpine CDA-9887

Front sounds: Alpine SPR-175A x2

Front power: RF T400.2 Benched at 265x2 rms @ 2ohm

Subs: RF T1 10 dual 4 Ohm x1

Sub power: RF R500.1

Box yet to be built.

All in a Mazda 323 Hatch in the cargo area only.

Daily hack:

Deck: Alpine CDA-9886

Front sounds: RF T152 5.25" coax x2

Front power: RF Power T400.2

Subs: Alpine SWR-1021d x4

Sub power: RF Power T20001

4.59cuft net 56" of port tuned to 32hz.

Work ute

Deck: Alpine iDA-X303

Speakers front: Stock

Speakers rear: None

Subs: Alpine type S SWS-1040

Amp: Alpine MRV-T320 x1 for woofer.

Box 1.42 cuft 39hz hidden under tray in blow thru design.

New ute to be much different.

when did you download the program? mine matches with eduardo and bassmekaniks. i got the same numbers as eduardo and when using your dimensions i also come up with 1.89 cubes net. try to redownload and recheck? you might be using an older version that might have had a mathematical flaw that you downloaded before it was found and corrected.

and bassmekanik, when (and if) i can get around to adding in metric, would you mind helping error check with me? metric isn't my standard unit so it'd be nice to have extra eyes to check it over that are more accustomed to it.

downloaded it friday the 6th aug.

in my version, the baffle thickness hasnt anything to say when i type inn all the numbers eduardo posted. still got diffrent results. as for my dimensions, how is net higher than gross?

Edit, i can too help with metric numbers :)

my english isnt that good, so if i misstype a word, or dont bend it rigth, dont scream, just notify me ;) then i learn :)

hmmm...i don't understand why you're getting those results. port volume is also blank, which in both ones i have (the one in the coding program and the actual program i have in a folder) both show the same results as eduardo.

i am going to PM you

hey waht if you have windows 7 and it wont let you down load the /net program?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived