Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

I cant get this to download is this not compatible with 64 bit windows?

should be. only issue with 64 bit is that it won't print. what message are you getting when you try to download?

What does it mean when it says port top and bottom? And the sides?

that means the port top, bottom, and sides of the port lol. had to give the parts of the port a name. you could look at it either way tho. just turn the port 90 degrees and you have a different top/bottom/side of the port.

I cant get this to download is this not compatible with 64 bit windows?

should be. only issue with 64 bit is that it won't print. what message are you getting when you try to download?

What does it mean when it says port top and bottom? And the sides?

that means the port top, bottom, and sides of the port lol. had to give the parts of the port a name. you could look at it either way tho. just turn the port 90 degrees and you have a different top/bottom/side of the port.

Well when I go to save it it comes up as, (Box Tuning Calculator_exe?psid=1) and wont do anything when I click save so if I take the ?psid=1 off of it it just says box tuning calculator_exe couldn't be downloaded.

physical port length is the length of the wood. effective port length is what you enter in the port length dimension box, which is what the sub will 'see'. if the port bends, the physical port needs to be shorter than the effective length. so measure the wood and you'll get 30.5". measure effective port length and you'll get 34

ok, apparently I am a little slow lol. Because I am really missing something here? My Torres box calc port is set to 14.5x5.5x22, but yet it says the physical port length is 15" and that it bends. I am seriously lost here, I would appreciate you help. FYI the box is for 2 HDC3 12's

df2612d3.jpg

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

first look at this, just as an example as to why the physical and effective port can't be the same:

portbendexplained.png

now look at this:

boxportexplanation.png

the yellow port wall is 13.5". add .75" for the thickness of it at the bend. then you have another 4" on the second port piece. that gets you 18.25" of the **physical port** length, which is what is needed to be physically cut. measure down the middle of the port to get your **effective port** length. in that picture, the effective port length (which is what is entered in the calculator) is 24".

so the physical port length is what is needed to get your effective port length. notice if the port doesn't bend, and say it's a sub up, port back configuration with .75" thick wood, that the physical port length is only .75" shorter than the effective port length. reason being is that baffles and walls of the box are defaulted as part of the port length :)

i hope that cleared some things up for you

Archived