Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

it depends what formula their calculations are based off of. it could be completely different from mine, but if it's true to their formula then it's spot on. but since i don't know what they use, i can't say :( but i wouldn't sweat it if there's a difference of a couple hz as it will most likely not be an audible difference

it depends what formula their calculations are based off of. it could be completely different from mine, but if it's true to their formula then it's spot on. but since i don't know what they use, i can't say :( but i wouldn't sweat it if there's a difference of a couple hz as it will most likely not be an audible difference

Its not even that big of a difference. With your calculator it comes out to 33.61hz and on theirs it comes out to 32.7 but thanks again

Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400

XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter

Mechman 240a alt

I have a question if you don't mind. When using your calculator, I'm having some problems getting proper responses to inputs. If i put in the dimensions 16H x 28W x 23D I get 4 cuft gross. If I then change the depth to 24", I get 5 cuft gross. Furthermore, it doesn't calculate port volume and adjust the net volume accordingly, and the tuning frequency is also not affected by the box size properly. If I use the 'Woofer displacement' to "shrink" the net volume, the tuning stays the same at 3.99 cuft net as it does at 3 cuft net. Also, at 4 cuft net, the tuning is 31.82 hz and when changed to 3.99 net the tuning is 36.74 hz. (with a given port ofc.)

Basically, it either doesn't repsond to changes or responds to them very strangely. Any thoughts?

Mine has been doing that the last couple days. I just clear it all and re input the numbers and it usually fixes it.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I have a question if you don't mind. When using your calculator, I'm having some problems getting proper responses to inputs. If i put in the dimensions 16H x 28W x 23D I get 4 cuft gross. If I then change the depth to 24", I get 5 cuft gross. Furthermore, it doesn't calculate port volume and adjust the net volume accordingly, and the tuning frequency is also not affected by the box size properly. If I use the 'Woofer displacement' to "shrink" the net volume, the tuning stays the same at 3.99 cuft net as it does at 3 cuft net. Also, at 4 cuft net, the tuning is 31.82 hz and when changed to 3.99 net the tuning is 36.74 hz. (with a given port ofc.)

Basically, it either doesn't repsond to changes or responds to them very strangely. Any thoughts?

Just use the older version of the calculator for now.

Just use the older version of the calculator for now.

Any idea where I can obtain said version? I can only find the newest one, the one that is linked to on the first page of this thread.

While you are fixing stuff Torres, can you put a version number in the "help" menu or in the title bar? Would be nice to be able to easily know if we are up to date or not.

Joe, i had the old one but when i formatted i forgot to back it up. oops

ok i think i may have fixed the issues where things weren't updating properly. i had trouble recreating some issues you guys were reporting, but there was one thing that stuck out in my mind that was the cause, so if you are still having issues then let me know and i'll look deeper into it.

and duck, i don't know why i didn't think of that sooner. put a little version number in the bottom left next to my name.

ok i think i may have fixed the issues where things weren't updating properly. i had trouble recreating some issues you guys were reporting, but there was one thing that stuck out in my mind that was the cause, so if you are still having issues then let me know and i'll look deeper into it.

and duck, i don't know why i didn't think of that sooner. put a little version number in the bottom left next to my name.

Nice of you to look into it. Unfortunately, the error remains, unless you haven't uploaded the fix yet. If there's any info you need to work this out, let me know. You're doing great work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived