Sundown Audio

Solid 2500 Rms Less Than $500

kryptonitewhite

I've had my heart set on a Kicker 2500.1 for years, but now that I am getting the system running, I'm not so sure. For one, I am learning I can tune a little higher and still drop lower. I was hoping Kicker would modify the SSF for me, but it doesn't sound like it. What I love is Kicker has been around for years, they always do more than rated, and they are super efficient. I ran Rockford back in HS but I kind of grew away from them. Maybe it's time to reconsider?

Any way I'm hoping I can get a good 2500 - 3000 watts RMS that won't require that I put my other 3 batteries back in and get a HO alt right away. I have the Big 3 done, and 3 Red Tops in, and my headlights still dim with less than 1000 watts already. (Lanzar OPTI2000D at 2 ohms but it clips to beat hell). I have a lot of stuff for my mid/high end... a Kicker KX850.4 for 4 Adire Audio Extremis 6.4's, a KX350.4 to bridge on 2 Adire Audio FR125S's (8 ohms) and a KX200.2 for a pair of Vifa XT25TG30 1" tweets. I have 1 of 2 Audio Control 6XS's that I need to have 4-way active with 24dB/oct slopes with 2 being bandpassed. I am thinking about selling all of this, as I'm not wanting it so loud anymore, I've never used any of it except the amps. I may just sell it all to get a badass amp for the 22" IB3 BUT I am cautious that the factory head unit and factory speakers might not be able to keep up with the 22" and may get drowned out.

IB3 22"

It doesn't sound right that your lights are dimming off a 1000w with 3 batteries.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

3000 watts is 3000 watts. IE it is going to pull the amps.

The only thing that I can think of is, try to get a amp that will do it a 2-or 4ohms, were it will be more efficent. stay with class D or DE..

or third suggestion is two smaller amps at 4ohm...

but good luck on the $500.00 dollars...

If the 22" doesn't drowned out the stock high's--- throw it in the trash...LOL>>>>>>

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

It doesn't sound right that your lights are dimming off a 1000w with 3 batteries.

you're tellin me... I ran 1 optima red top under the hood and a stinger spv 70 in the back with the lanzar at 1 ohm (double the power of now) plus a KX350.4 and a KX200.2 on some 3-way 6x9's, 2 way 5.25's, and 2 way 3.5's in a dodge intrep AND olds cutlass without the Big 3 or HO alt

IB3 22"

3000 watts is 3000 watts. IE it is going to pull the amps.

The only thing that I can think of is, try to get a amp that will do it a 2-or 4ohms, were it will be more efficent. stay with class D or DE..

or third suggestion is two smaller amps at 4ohm...

but good luck on the $500.00 dollars...

If the 22" doesn't drowned out the stock high's--- throw it in the trash...LOL>>>>>>

300 (EDIT: 3000) watts is going to draw a minimum of 3000 watts, but efficiency means some amps will draw even more than that

it is a single voice coil 2 ohms so I need 2 ohms

I am thinking aboput selling all my stuff, BUT i tried this before and got screwed on bidding... lesson learned: sell it local to save on shipping (at least the batteries) EDIT: in order to go over the $500 limit and get a BEAST... So for under $1000 what will do 4000 watts @ 2ohms but not be wasting a 1ohm load :D

Though a 22" should be loud no matter the application, I will be tuning at or below 25Hz in a HUGE box of 18 cubes or more... LOUD is not in the design anymore, MURDERING the lows, excellent SQ, flat responce... not SPL

If it sucks, I'll use it for a jack stand :D

IB3 22"

your going to be hard pressed to find an amp that dose 2500 watts at 2 ohms for under $500 not to mention Im not sure that if you found a kicker you would be happy with it because of the subsonic filter on it

alright, well maybe I should sllooooow down here, and take my time to do this right the 1st time.

What are my options ignoring price for the moment for a 2 ohm amp that does 2500 or more with a SSF of 20Hz or less

IB3 22"

Archived