Whats Better? Lcd Or Plasma

LCD v. Plasma  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better LCD or Plasma

• LCD
    • Plasma

Per say? I say get what you can afford and what you want. Everyone will have a different opinion. I bought a $1400 720p plasma because I didnt want to spend another $400+ to get a 1080p plasma and I didnt want LCD. I have a better picture with HD or bluray than my parents do on their 52" samsung 1080p LCD. I even used DVE on it also. Again, it's all user preference. I like my magnavox bluray player, but others don't recommend it because it don't have digital optical out, it has digital analog out. No difference.

No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

4-6.5" Kenwood door speakers

Total Amp

Sony HU

are you planning on putting this on a wall? If not, it might be wise to consider Rear projection. You can get a much bigger screen than with LCD and plasma, and better quality for the same price. Most people don't realize that rear projection actually has the best picture for the price, and this is only getting more true. My next TV will be a 72" Rear projection :)

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Most all new tv's (from big brand names) have minimized burn in. my family just bought a new samsung 52" plasma, and WOW. i read some of the features in the manual, and one of the big things is the anti-burn in, at set intervals it will shift all the pixels in the screen to effectively cancel out any burn in.

edit: spelling :P

i work at sears and almost (if not all) the plasmas we have there have burn in on them. INCLUDING the samsung 1080ps that are top of the line. that burn in protection crap is bull. we have ran the white screen and those scrolling ones for over a day straight and its still there. will never come out.

on another note. im very happy with my 47" vizio 1080p lcd.

and samsung lcds are better for a low lit room since they have a glossy screen on them.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

yep I paid $420 out the door for my vizio 32 inch plasma with the discount and tax

when i was at walmart today i was looking at tvs and the 32" vizio plasma was $550 ish...

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Maybe sears has crappy TV's just like their people in the tool dept. I have countless numbers of hours on my TV and have no IR what so ever. Evidently sears doesn't know you have to break a plasma in before you turn it on for 12 hours a day. And like most floor model TV's, they have the brightness and contrast jacked all up from the factory.

Also, not all samsungs have a glossy screen. You can still get that matte screen on certain models.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

Total Amp

Sony HU

i work at sears and almost (if not all) the plasmas we have there have burn in on them. INCLUDING the samsung 1080ps that are top of the line. that burn in protection crap is bull. we have ran the white screen and those scrolling ones for over a day straight and its still there. will never come out.

on another note. im very happy with my 47" vizio 1080p lcd.

and samsung lcds are better for a low lit room since they have a glossy screen on them.

its because sears opens a box throws them up and leaves a demo playing on them 12 hours a day with no tweaking to the settings whatsoever. Hell half the peopel who were at the sears i went to (and used to work at) didnt know anything about the damn TV's i was educating them on them rather then them trying to sell me the damn TV. Theres nothing worse then asking what the dynamic contrast ratio is on a set and them fumbling for paperwork they cant find and then telling you i dunno but its very high.

im glad i got my plasma (LG 50pg60) over the LCD(samsung) i was getting before, and if your going for vizio, dont look at thier plasmas as vizios plasmas have a horrible contrast ratio in comparison to other companies plasmas.

Maybe sears has crappy TV's just like their people in the tool dept. I have countless numbers of hours on my TV and have no IR what so ever. Evidently sears doesn't know you have to break a plasma in before you turn it on for 12 hours a day. And like most floor model TV's, they have the brightness and contrast jacked all up from the factory.

Also, not all samsungs have a glossy screen. You can still get that matte screen on certain models.

they dont have crappy tvs. but what about me in the tool department?

and yes they do adjust their tvs.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

no burn in on the plasma's at best buy, but then again I dont work in home theater. I really like the new Samsung 950's we got in out magnolia home theater room. stupid sexy looking sets. BTW there is a newer "biggest" TV that's like 120" or something absurd like that.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

LOL. Not saying anything about you chevyboy. It's just the shitty people that work at both the sears stores close to me could care less about making the customer happy. Long story short, my wife bought a tool chest combo for me for christmas, she goes to pick it up and they tell her she already picked it up. After getting half the managers involved, someone actually took their lazy ass to the back and there it was sitting there. Never once did anyone apologize to my wife. Up until then I bought every damn tool I owned from sears. I no longer spend a dime there.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

Total Amp

Sony HU

Archived