Whats Better? Lcd Or Plasma

LCD v. Plasma  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better LCD or Plasma

• LCD
    • Plasma

I know my dad has a 42" Phillips Plasma 1080p HDTV and it looks nice.. but sometimes it seems underpar..

And ive seen many LCDS and many plasmas that look good but generally 720 seems to look better

So i just want your guys opinion LCD or Plasma

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

will you be gaming or not? if so LCD, because you dont want to burn a image into the screen on plasma

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Yea with the Plasma we play the 360 on it but mainly my dad has it hooked up to his PC to play WoW... but he took the tv with him so now i have a crappy 10 yo 34" that is too small...

I have the sound set up.. now i need a new tv lol

I'll def be going with 1080p for sure. prolly 37" or bigger.. I watch alot of movies (blu-ray too) and alot of Football .. and play a fair amount of games on the 360..

ive been looking at the Sony Bravia LCD but they are hellar expensive

vizio looks great, i have the 37" and it looks stunning on HD cable with the 360 and nice and looks very crisp on my ps3 as well there kinda cheap 2

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

yea ive looked at the vizio because of their price. Seem to be a nice tv

Ive never had a problem playing the 360 on the plasma.. but i know when my dad plays WoW for like 14 hours he gets a little image burn.. but it goes away with a TV reset

I voted plasma, but it is a very subjective decision.

Things to consider: Are you watching in a bright room (sunlight, a lot of other lights, etc.) Plasmas tend to have more glare than LCDs, so lcd might be better.

What kind of quality are you looking for? If you are strait up gaming, LCDs would be better, do to being brighter and typically having less deep blacks (not as good in terms of quality, but do make it easier to see, especially in multiplayer on a dark room) However, for Blu-ray movies, and for hdtv, sports, etc. the deeper blacks and higher true contrast ratios are much better for picture quality so Plasma would be the way to go.

Burn-in image is pretty much a thing of past plasma's only, I would say almost all new plasma tv's have either gotten rid of this problem, or it is only temporary, lasting for maybe a minute or so.

Oh and 1080p and as high a frame rate as humanly possible are recommended. This is the only way to be sure that the picture will not only look it's best, but also when the screen is moving quickly certain parts don't lag behind. Hope some of that helps.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

My personal opinion is to go with what the guys selling it have, all the guys at my work that sell them have plasmas. If you mostly watch in the dark then a plasma is better. That's all I really know about them myself, I do have a plasma in my room.

Team T3Audio

Team Cactus Sounds

2008 N. American Finals 2nd place

2009 N. American Finals 1st place

Archived