Second Skin Audio

New Plan For My System

getting 1 15" kicker cvr ran off of my sony amp 500rms (cea compliant)

putting it in a 3.2 cu ft before displacement ported box tuned to 37 hz

being put in a suv

now. should i do port up sub up or sub back port back?

i was thinking of sub up port back.

best way right there

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

i've had good luck with sub back port back

sub up port back is kinda for when you cant fit all your cone area facing back

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

heres the plan for my system

3.2 cu ft box tuned to 37 hz (kickers like highertuned boxesfrom what ive heard)

mb quart components

crunch 4 channel amp

15" kicker cvr dual 2 ohm

sony amp 500 rms bridged @ 4 ohms

clarion headunit 6v preouts usb ipod the works.

4 gauge JL audio wiring with 100 amp ANL fuse

distribution block for the 2 amps

soundstream equalizer

Edited by Graph1cz

sounds good

kicker does like higher tuning, 37 should be great.

if you didnt buy the wire yet shop around, jl is one of the most expensive, but not necessarily the best. as long as you're finding the same diameter of copper and it's flexible enough to work with, wire half the price will be just as good.

as far as positioning, none of us will know what works best. some vehicles like sub back port side, or sub up port up, sub back port up, etc.

my vote is sub back port back, usually the best in my experience, closely followed by sub up port back

build it, test it, spin it around and face it in every direction and see what is loudest and go from there., use a reference song that is the same volume and note, and same volume on the h/u obviously, something like "ay bay bay" or " a milli"

then again, remember that acoustics are funky, and what is loudest at say 40hz, could be the worse at 32hz

and set a subsonic filter if you can, with your tuning and loading in the rear it should still play like 30hz with ease, go much below that at high volume and you're going to find out what unloading a subwoofer does.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

sounds good

kicker does like higher tuning, 37 should be great.

if you didnt buy the wire yet shop around, jl is one of the most expensive, but not necessarily the best. as long as you're finding the same diameter of copper and it's flexible enough to work with, wire half the price will be just as good.

as far as positioning, none of us will know what works best. some vehicles like sub back port side, or sub up port up, sub back port up, etc.

my vote is sub back port back, usually the best in my experience, closely followed by sub up port back

build it, test it, spin it around and face it in every direction and see what is loudest and go from there., use a reference song that is the same volume and note, and same volume on the h/u obviously, something like "ay bay bay" or " a milli"

then again, remember that acoustics are funky, and what is loudest at say 40hz, could be the worse at 32hz

and set a subsonic filter if you can, with your tuning and loading in the rear it should still play like 30hz with ease, go much below that at high volume and you're going to find out what unloading a subwoofer does.

well im going to have a bass remote basically on the equalizer so i was going to use that to control songs like put on, in the hood, love of money etc.

buying all that i posted is going to cost around 600$ without the box. Im aiming more towards being loud and having sq. would this setup be nice?

can i suggest stay away from sony amps, i got one and it blew smoke after 5 hours of play not even turned up all the way, get a hifonics amp much better then sony and a great bang for the buck

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

can i suggest stay away from sony amps, i got one and it blew smoke after 5 hours of play not even turned up all the way, get a hifonics amp much better then sony and a great bang for the buck

i've had this sony for almost 2 years now and it has never overheated or anything on me.

heres another question

should i get a lvl 3 15" DC or a 15" cvr? dc is more expensive but i think it'd be worth it. of course i'd need a new amp

Edited by Graph1cz