Sundown Audio

kicker zr360, worth fixing?

agent_orange

I've got a kicker zr 360, just like the one here http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Kicker_ZR360/

It's been sitting in my garage for over a year collecting dust because it needs to be repaired. It just blows the fuses whenever power is hooked up to it. There is a local shop that will fix it pretty cheap around $40, but is it worth fixing? anyone ever use one?

For 40bucks id fix that thing in a heartbeat cuz amps like that are hard to come by these days and worth way more than 40 even broken. old school big amps are hard to beat. that thing is prolly underrated also by about 250 watts rms

repair it!  :D

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

your battery negative is unhooked before you hook up power to it right?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Definately, But if you keep blowing the fuses when you hook it up, then there sure is something wrong with the amp itself not the connections. wish i knew a lil more bout that kinda stuff but im just starting out my engineering degree otherwise i could tell you more.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

your battery negative is unhooked before you hook up power to it right?

The problem is I bought it a couple of years ago and one of the channels didn't work. So i took the cover off to try and repair it and took off the metal bar that holds down the (i'm not sure what there called but the things that dissapate heat onto the heatsink). When I went to power the amp back up i didn't get the rubber mat that goes under the metal bar in good and the thing instantly started smoking. The mat got fried and I temp. fixed it and tried powering it up again and it just pops the fuse evertime.

Definately, But if you keep blowing the fuses when you hook it up, then there sure is something wrong with the amp itself not the connections. wish i knew a lil more bout that kinda stuff but im just starting out my engineering degree otherwise i could tell you more.

actually it could be something else, not just the amp. but in this case, it is.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg