Sonic Electronix

hahaha not very good opinions soo far...... :crazy:

? Im sorry to tell you but if this guy who is building a box actually knows what he is doing those kickers will get louder than those kenwoods. It's just common sense, they take more power than those kenwoods do and if they are actually in a nice box... I wouldn't bet for the kenwoods.

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build

no offence but some of the products u can buy ina daily store aint gunna out preform somethin u can pickup on the net, im not dissin ur system its just they dont sell the power house stuff at them stores, im not dissin kenwood but powerbass and kicker should be a good combo imo, plus ur amp is stereo and his is prolly gunna be mono, now on him runnin 8guage im not to sure on how much power he will be able to feed them

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

His friend doesnt know how to do a box. Guarantee it. Hes tryign to go cheep by spending only $400. Witch i dont mind. But the fact that hes just a clueless rich boy who thinks hes got i doubt it will sound good in a custom box. More than likely it will come out crappy i know it lol.

? Im sorry to tell you but if this guy who is building a box actually knows what he is doing those kickers will get louder than those kenwoods. It's just common sense, they take more power than those kenwoods do and if they are actually in a nice box... I wouldn't bet for the kenwoods.

yeah that's what i'm saying. I know those Kickers will take more of a beating and delivery than those kenwoods. I meant, not very helpful opinions for mr jeep over here. that was a pretty balllsy bet there.

smd3.png

Not a big fan of kickers and dont plan to be. But atm i have been looking through some new subs since im getting a new amp. Just trying to think on witch ones. Thinking of some DC's :) But thats later.

He thinks Hifonics sucks because another Co-worker of mine gave him a good deal. 2 12" Hifonics(Pratically Brand New) with a 2000 Watt Amp with wireing and a box for only $200. He passed it down because he thought Hifonics sucked because he never heard of them.

Wow..

yeah that's what i'm saying. I know those Kickers will take more of a beating and delivery than those kenwoods. I meant, not very helpful opinions for mr jeep over here. that was a pretty balllsy bet there.

Oh, ok i got confused :D Didn't take much lol.

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

Build

Not a big fan of kickers and dont plan to be. But atm i have been looking through some new subs since im getting a new amp. Just trying to think on witch ones. Thinking of some DC's :) But thats later.

He thinks Hifonics sucks because another Co-worker of mine gave him a good deal. 2 12" Hifonics(Pratically Brand New) with a 2000 Watt Amp with wireing and a box for only $200. He passed it down because he thought Hifonics sucked because he never heard of them.

Wow..

not gonna say hifonics sucks but the lower lines are cheap for a reason...

even in a shitty box the cvr's get loud (for example mine) sure mine are 15's but still. im not sure ur gonna win this bet. the real advantage u have is he has to build in a stang and u got a jeep

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

OK so if i am readign this corectly he is going to be using 2 12" Kicker CVx dual 2ohm subs, which he can wire up three differnet ways .5ohms, 2ohms and 8ohms. With the PowerBass mono amp that can put out 500Watt at 2ohms, so that would be about 250 a sub. With the 2 channel amp he can do 400x2 at 2 ohm stereo.

And according to your new set up with 2 12" single 4 ohm speakers so you can do either 2 ohm or 8 ohm (which isnt a option). And the mono amp you are getting can do 900 watts at 2ohm.

So by just doing the math on pure power and no other contributing factors you would have more power, but as mentioned previously the BOX is everything and can make up alot for lake of power.........

If your friend new a bit more about this i belevie he should go with Dual 4ohm subs to get the Ohms down to 1 and use the full potential of the amp. But to each there own...

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

Wow..

Definately go with DC bro. People will laugh at his Kickers after they hear your DC's. But make sure you can build a good box or find somebody that can.

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

Build

Archived