Sonic Electronix

Eyes and ears bloke, eyes and ears. Stop being so quick to gun up and listen to what you are being told.

Cheers,

Mick

x2. by saying 'people like you' he wasnt meaning you specifically, just you as the casual listener. referring to you AND your friend. and other casual listeners as well

people u gotta learn

listening= good

thinking u know= bad

final verdict on this one

to most people mixing subs size, brand, power, port, etc.. u wont be able to tell

to most of the people on this site it will sound bad and look dumb

if your friend wants sumthin good he wont mix subs, if he doesnt care then thats his choice

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

if you know the answer of the question, just do what u think is wright

Alpine HU 9855R IPODRE XXX compo, 2nd one is comingrockford t8004 amp ( 4 channel ) rockford (4x) T30001bd mono amps @ 0,5 ohm for dailyRE Audio 18'' MT (2 x) Enclosure is 400 LITER tuned on 28HZ28HZ - 150db TL 200731HZ - 152db TL 2007Max Score 157,4db TL 2008 @35hz----------------------------------------------NEW INSTAL UNDERCONSTRUCTION!!ALPINE HU 9855RIPOD4 RE XXX COMPONENT SETS4 RE COAXIAL SETS4 FI BTLS 18'' SUBS8 RF T4000BD'S MONO AMPS4 RF T8004 4 CHANNEL AMPS16 northstar nsb 125 batts70mm wiring10 RF 100 farad powercaps

there is a search button on this site and questions like this is what its used for!

people come on here to ask some knoledgable people their opinion and then

they want to argue.

smd2.gif

2002 nissan frontier crewcab

eclipse cd2000

mb quart prem's fr&rear

rf p4004

<_< WHERE i never saw the button :rolleyes::huh: but he know it now for the next time first using the search button

Alpine HU 9855R IPODRE XXX compo, 2nd one is comingrockford t8004 amp ( 4 channel ) rockford (4x) T30001bd mono amps @ 0,5 ohm for dailyRE Audio 18'' MT (2 x) Enclosure is 400 LITER tuned on 28HZ28HZ - 150db TL 200731HZ - 152db TL 2007Max Score 157,4db TL 2008 @35hz----------------------------------------------NEW INSTAL UNDERCONSTRUCTION!!ALPINE HU 9855RIPOD4 RE XXX COMPONENT SETS4 RE COAXIAL SETS4 FI BTLS 18'' SUBS8 RF T4000BD'S MONO AMPS4 RF T8004 4 CHANNEL AMPS16 northstar nsb 125 batts70mm wiring10 RF 100 farad powercaps

if you know the answer of the question, just do what u think is wright

Please quote me where I said I knew the answer the whole time. For the 458580929340485259840th time, I didn't know the answer and I was asking this question for my friend. Obviously I have a good idea it is probably not the best way to setup a system but my friend has what he has and he isn't changing anything as of yet. In the future sure things will be sold and new things will be bought but that isn't the circumstances that my friend faces. And why would I use the search button if I can make my own thread for myself that answers all the questions my friend and I have? instead of bashing me for me not searching for a thread be glad that I cared enough that I found this site so I could ask these questions and get them answered. Isn't this the major purpose of this website? Yes it is.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Please quote me where I said I knew the answer the whole time. For the 458580929340485259840th time, I didn't know the answer and I was asking this question for my friend. Obviously I have a good idea it is probably not the best way to setup a system but my friend has what he has and he isn't changing anything as of yet. In the future sure things will be sold and new things will be bought but that isn't the circumstances that my friend faces. And why would I use the search button if I can make my own thread for myself that answers all the questions my friend and I have? instead of bashing me for me not searching for a thread be glad that I cared enough that I found this site so I could ask these questions and get them answered. Isn't this the major purpose of this website? Yes it is.

Well everything has been installed. He now has the two 12 Orions with the L5 kicker. At first it sounded like crap but when he upgraded his unit to the Alpine 9883 it made everything sound so much better and made everything louder. It is crazy what a headunit can do for your system. But yeah, I definately heard cancellation going on at first but the headunit helped a ton where you don't really notice it as much.

Setup in the makings

Well everything has been installed. He now has the two 12 Orions with the L5 kicker. At first it sounded like crap but when he upgraded his unit to the Alpine 9883 it made everything sound so much better and made everything louder. It is crazy what a headunit can do for your system. But yeah, I definately heard cancellation going on at first but the headunit helped a ton where you don't really notice it as much.

I am tempted to face palm and complain, but I won't. Protip; Check your phase. If you are phasing out, you will lose large amounts of amplitude, which may cause you (in this case, your friend) to increase the gain/volume past the safe power handling parameters of the woofer.

Protip; Tell me they are both in the same style of enclosure. I remember you mentioning that they weren't before. I hope that you have changed that.

Best of luck, hopefully your friend does not realise how much more output and tonal quality he could have had with a single style of transducer.

Cheers.

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

I am tempted to face palm and complain, but I won't. Protip; Check your phase. If you are phasing out, you will lose large amounts of amplitude, which may cause you (in this case, your friend) to increase the gain/volume past the safe power handling parameters of the woofer.

Protip; Tell me they are both in the same style of enclosure. I remember you mentioning that they weren't before. I hope that you have changed that.

Best of luck, hopefully your friend does not realise how much more output and tonal quality he could have had with a single style of transducer.

Cheers.

Mick

Yo man, I like positive criticism. So what you were saying helps. What I don't like is people bashing. Thanks for your output. We will see what we can do.

Setup in the makings

Archived