Second Skin Audio

What Subs Should I Get?

I have a 2004 ford mustang coupe. I currently have 2 rockford fosgate T2 15's in it. I want something louder tho. Can someone tell me what would be louder. 2 Fi BTL 15's or 1 Fi BTL 18. Or two memphis mojo 15's. Someone let me know what they think asap.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

6 crossfire bmf 1700s strapped @ .5

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/Drek75633

DSBP_blue.jpg

out of those choices the 2 15" BTLs would be louder, depending on what you have powering them.... how is your electrical and what amp are you using?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

out of those choices the 2 15" BTLs would be louder, depending on what you have powering them.... how is your electrical and what amp are you using?

I'm gonna get another 2000 watt amp. So each 15 will be on 2000 watts. With a 10 farad capacitor. I already have a yellow top optima battery and a 250 amp alternator.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

DSBP_blue.jpg

I have a 2004 ford mustang coupe. I currently have 2 rockford fosgate T2 15's in it. I want something louder tho. Can someone tell me what would be louder. 2 Fi BTL 15's or 1 Fi BTL 18. Or two memphis mojo 15's. Someone let me know what they think asap.

2x Fi btl's by far, if you power them correctly, make a good box for em, and have good electrical to run em off. :D

it will hurt your wallet alil tho. don't get em unless you gonna have all 3 straight, its not worth it imo

esp because clipped signals are the best way to fire your subs and amps...

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

2x Fi btl's by far, if you power them correctly, make a good box for em, and have good electrical to run em off. :D

it will hurt your wallet alil tho. don't get em unless you gonna have all 3 straight, its not worth it imo

esp because clipped signals are the best way to fire your subs and amps...

I need to get a bigger box built. And just one more amp and then I can buy the 2 BTL's. Thanks everybody for your help.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

DSBP_blue.jpg

I'm gonna get another 2000 watt amp. So each 15 will be on 2000 watts. With a 10 farad capacitor. I already have a yellow top optima battery and a 250 amp alternator.

if its a true 2000 rms amp, x2 you will need atleast another batt or 2 in the back to supply them power...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

if its a true 2000 rms amp, x2 you will need atleast another batt or 2 in the back to supply them power...

2x... u can't b*tch out on the power, thats probably the most important thing man...

if you like having your equip. for a while

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Chariot.gif

what kinda ''2000 watt'' amp? im sick of seing people having the top of the line subs on chaep no name brand amps tha dont even put out 1/4 of the rated power.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

what kinda ''2000 watt'' amp? im sick of seing people having the top of the line subs on chaep no name brand amps tha dont even put out 1/4 of the rated power.

THANK YOU.... :give_rose::hi:

Alot of people dont understand... they'll have a btl, and a Lanzar optidrive 4k, w/ 4 gauge power and ground connectors... theres no way that amp is making 4krms at 1ohm... if people got good amps to go with good subs, they would realize, that what they have is great equipment, and they wont feel the need to keep getting more

EDIT: Ntm battery back-up is very important too

Edited by 07sOnAtA sp.ed

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Chariot.gif