I've got the hookup on the viper 5901 for $240 + shipping.

I have the LC3(5901) and I am not impressed one bit by the range.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Where is your antenna @? Also the batteries that come with the 2way remotes do not last very long @ all. DEI offers free replacement batteries. The replacements are much better than the origionals.

* One Mile Range based on line of sight, unobstructed testing in ideal conditions. Actual range will vary due to local conditions including but not limited to environment, terrain, physical obstructions, vehicle location and orientation, interference and other possible impediments.
Edited by jsmoke222000

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Where is your antenna @? Also the batteries that come with the 2way remotes do not last very long @ all. DEI offers free replacement batteries. The replacements are much better than the origionals.

I've put over 20 of the lc3s in... it is installed correctly. The range just isn't that good in any of them. My boss has a 5701 and the performance is way better.

The LC3s use a rechargeable battery. Why would the batteries they send you as a replacement be any better? if they had better batteries they would put them in the unites.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

I don't have an answer as to why the orgional batteries suck balls. All I know is that if you replace the battery with a new one, you will notice a huge difference. I have a 5701 also. I like it FWIW.

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

how far are you getting real world ???

i ask because this is the alarm i want for my explorer.

at work i am about 1/4 mi away.

i never figured that it would work at 1 mi but had hoped for 1/2 mi.

2000 explorer xlt

cda-9887 with imprint ktx-100 + ipod120

mechman rhino 250 alt with xs-power d3400 + d3100

id oems -

Dayton RS52AN-8 2" Dome Midrange

hat L1 PRO -

1 x fi Q15 d2 non-bp with 3.8 cuft net 60 sq inch L-port tuned to 28 hz - sub up , port back

2 x sax 100.4d -

2 x saz1500d -

second skin damplifier 80 ft

and a btl soon

One Mile Range based on line of sight, unobstructed testing in ideal conditions. Actual range will vary due to local conditions including but not limited to environment, terrain, physical obstructions, vehicle location and orientation, interference and other possible impediments.

dj2q.jpg

well is anyone saying that it so bad that if you were say at the other side of the shopping mall inside a building full of electronics and stuff and walls that this alarm is NOT likely to work reliably ???

just tryingto gauge worst case are we talking 100 ft ---100yards----1/4mi

talking proper install, city type interferance, dinner out, movies, shopping, work ???

thanks for your opinions.

2000 explorer xlt

cda-9887 with imprint ktx-100 + ipod120

mechman rhino 250 alt with xs-power d3400 + d3100

id oems -

Dayton RS52AN-8 2" Dome Midrange

hat L1 PRO -

1 x fi Q15 d2 non-bp with 3.8 cuft net 60 sq inch L-port tuned to 28 hz - sub up , port back

2 x sax 100.4d -

2 x saz1500d -

second skin damplifier 80 ft

and a btl soon

It's a great alarm but the range is not a mile. I feel comfortable saying it is reliable within 300 ft under the most jacked up conditions & probably ok @ 500 yards if you are not sitting in a bank vault under an electronics store @ a shopping mall.

dj2q.jpg

well is anyone saying that it so bad that if you were say at the other side of the shopping mall inside a building full of electronics and stuff and walls that this alarm is NOT likely to work reliably ???

just tryingto gauge worst case are we talking 100 ft ---100yards----1/4mi

talking proper install, city type interferance, dinner out, movies, shopping, work ???

thanks for your opinions.

I can be in a building on campus 500-600feet away staring at my car and the remote doesn't work. Not impressed... but then again I can't even get cell reception in the buildings. Outside when you aren't in a building it works fine... i'd say it gets all of 1500-2000ft when you are outside.

Edited by Shyne151

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995