We Just Had A Close Call This Morning- Space Stuff

I seen it on the news, and then went to faithful Space.com, and seen we almost got hit with a asteroid about 115ft long this morning. That doesn't sound big, but its bigger than the one that exploded over Russia in 1908, and luckily that was in a desolate forest.

Something this larger is more towards 100 to 1000 times the explosion of a nuclear bomb, so if it did land, well, it would have been pretty devastating, especially in a populated area

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0902...-2009-dd45.html

my question is, if it just passed us that closely, its bound to come by us again. Asteroids dont just pass us, and fall in to the sun, they get caught in a gravity field, and end up circling, in a orbit

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Dude, now im gonna be paranoid about freaking asteroids, thats some scary stuff if you think about it

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

thats pretty crazy

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

MY .02

Oh well if it happens there aint shit we can do about it. Im not gonna live my life paranoid about shit I have no control over.... sorry but nope not gonna happen I gots better things to do than worry about things out of my control.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I seen it on the news, and then went to faithful Space.com, and seen we almost got hit with a asteroid about 115ft long this morning. That doesn't sound big, but its bigger than the one that exploded over Russia in 1908, and luckily that was in a desolate forest.

Something this larger is more towards 100 to 1000 times the explosion of a nuclear bomb, so if it did land, well, it would have been pretty devastating, especially in a populated area

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0902...-2009-dd45.html

my question is, if it just passed us that closely, its bound to come by us again. Asteroids dont just pass us, and fall in to the sun, they get caught in a gravity field, and end up circling, in a orbit

Not always. It really depends on the speed and trajectory. It's gotta be perfect to catch orbit. And if it did, we would be in no danger from it falling or affecting tides considering how small it was.

Plus, a close call with an asteroid is on a much bigger scale. Cars, could be a couple feet, asteroids, upwards of 50,000 miles or more.

* If you guys keep up on this stuff, it happens a lot more than you think. ;)

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

MY .02

Oh well if it happens there aint shit we can do about it. Im not gonna live my life paranoid about shit I have no control over.... sorry but nope not gonna happen I gots better things to do than worry about things out of my control.

i agree 100%

not a fucking thing i can do so why worry. im still gonna live my life, work, party, drink, fuck, ride my 4 wheeler, blast some bass, play poker and fuck....so if i die unexpectedly i died happy

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I' am not worried about it, true if it happens, it happens, nothing we can do about it now

But that is a wake up call if you ask me, not to be paranoid, but to know that stuff is out there that flies by us every day, but sometimes it gets really big, like this. And this was only spotted 100hrs before it passed us, when we can find a rock in space only a few meters wide about 100 times further, with months notice. This one just passed our people looking for these space rocks

Ive heard, that people who look for rocks that come close to earth, or possible asteroids in orbit, is only enough to staff 1 Mc Donalds restaurant... lol

I think that means they are hiring!!!

Job Security there

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Not always. It really depends on the speed and trajectory. It's gotta be perfect to catch orbit. And if it did, we would be in no danger from it falling or affecting tides considering how small it was.

Plus, a close call with an asteroid is on a much bigger scale. Cars, could be a couple feet, asteroids, upwards of 50,000 miles or more.

* If you guys keep up on this stuff, it happens a lot more than you think. ;)

Oh man, I' am a big ass nerd, I watch up on this stuff all the time. I know space rocks come close to us everyday, but not this close, and not this big. Most detected are about the size of a car. This was the size of a building, and about a million miles closer than usual

sundown.jpg

I' am not worried about it, true if it happens, it happens, nothing we can do about it now

But that is a wake up call if you ask me, not to be paranoid, but to know that stuff is out there that flies by us every day, but sometimes it gets really big, like this. And this was only spotted 100hrs before it passed us, when we can find a rock in space only a few meters wide about 100 times further, with months notice. This one just passed our people looking for these space rocks

Ive heard, that people who look for rocks that come close to earth, or possible asteroids in orbit, is only enough to staff 1 Mc Donalds restaurant... lol

I think that means they are hiring!!!

Job Security there

It is true. People always ask, "Why didn't we see that coming?" Well it's because we can really only see so much. I think NASA can only cover around 5% of the sky now and there aren't many independent observers with the equipment to monitor such pending catastrophes. Other countries have similar abilities, but still nothing capable of watching everything.

And like they said in Armageddon "I beg your pardon, sir, but it's a damn big sky."

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/