Second Skin Audio

S10 Box Help

If its missing the higher stuff it could be that you don't have any decent midbass. What do you have besides the subs?

as for all around? well here is a list of my equip. i have alpine cda-9830 h/u. infinity 6.5 coax in front, stock rears for now (going to get rears and power all 4 later on) kenwood kac-8103d amp and the 2 re re series 10's in a ported box, here is the box i was told to build, im not good at designing so someone did it for me.

1.95 cubic feet tuned @ 36hz

31.25 square inches of port

19536.jpg

Edited by Hostility

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

do an interchangeable port so that you can tune it low for daily and high for competition

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

do an interchangeable port so that you can tune it low for daily and high for competition

i dont do comps. just want a loud daily. and i was told port side was best, and if i port up i dont want to hear port noise. is there anyone that can desgin a box that will perform better then i the one i made? or any shops or designers that can for money? i think steve is a little busy to do one for me.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

Personally I like a sealed enclosure for a good all around sound. However, a ported box is a more effecient and can sound just as good if not better than a sealed box if done right. The suggestion of sub up and port up probably will give you the best sound and be loud as well. If you liked your selaed enclosure sound better and wanted to just get louder you could always add two more 10's.......

try downfiring the subs and port...i have 4 12's like that and it sounds really good...lots of bottom end, will play anything, and my subs are hidden=less chance of getting stolen

i dont want to add more subs if anything i would buy a new single more powerfull. but wanted to stay away from spending more money other then wood for box. and i like the subs firing up. so you guys are thinking port and subs firing up, what about port noise/air/wind?

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

i dont want to add more subs if anything i would buy a new single more powerfull. but wanted to stay away from spending more money other then wood for box. and i like the subs firing up. so you guys are thinking port and subs firing up, what about port noise/air/wind?

If you got port noise then thats bad but, if you got good sound and your moving a lot of air well thats good. It really depends on tuning and the opening of the box. I hate to sound like sales man for aero ports/flared ports but, its what I've used lately and its fairly easy to tune with. For an every day box i'd run 2 4" flared full length with everything firing up. the flared ports cut down on port noise.

If you got port noise then thats bad but, if you got good sound and your moving a lot of air well thats good. It really depends on tuning and the opening of the box. I hate to sound like sales man for aero ports/flared ports but, its what I've used lately and its fairly easy to tune with. For an every day box i'd run 2 4" flared full length with everything firing up. the flared ports cut down on port noise.

no there is no port noise the way it is right now firing towards passenger side of truck. and if i built another box i think i might put 45's in the corner and i did sand smooth a bit of the port edges when i made the one thats in there right now. i just cant design a box at all. i just need to find a very good person to help me with that free or if i have to pay, i just want to make 1 box and thats it.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

Do what you really want to do, but the fact of the matter is most daily drivers are tuned at around 32hz because that's a good clean low response, and your main midrange bass will be determined by your components.

Your friend might be right, you probably are missing alot of peak at your higher notes, however if his background to that statement is based on him doing competitions, then of course he's going to be looking for that high 40hz peak.

If it was me I'd go with a low 32hz, but since it's not then you do what you want, you gotta ask yourself what do you want to enjoy from your music when you're driving around.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner