In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

^^haha thats funny. caps have their place just like anything else. they have to be used right. do you thing rockford fosgate would make a completely usless product? even steve ran or maye still is running a pair of 40 farads in his civic. it honestly depends onwhat your trying to get outta your system

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

Read the first sentence in my sig.

Yes they have their place and do work if you know how to use one.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

yea they have there place, but im sayin if your choise is between the 2 got for a bat.

caps are good for quick bursts like burbs

bats are good for a more of a slow draw like shut your car off and jam

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

yea they have there place, but im sayin if your choise is between the 2 got for a bat.

caps are good for quick bursts like burbs

bats are good for a more of a slow draw like shut your car off and jam

Rite.

I personally look at a cap as a tool for a sound quality install. They are not realistic for very large subwoofer amplifier applications unless you have a whole lot of money to by a big one. Then it would be much bigger than an extra battery.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

ok well i have a DB link 2 FaRed, i had it for when i had my 2 12" Re se Subs and a Diamond 1000.1,

Now i have 4 Diamond D6 Subs and 4 or those amps with the same can and a battery before the cap, (one batt under hood to)

so when its sitting it reads about 14.5 volts, when i start playing, on low notes it drops to like 10V, 11V so is it doing anyhing or shold i throw my extra yellow top in its place.. lmk

Re Audio

Diamond Audio

Alpine Audio

Rocksford Fosgate

DB Link

smd5.png

ok well i have a DB link 2 FaRed, i had it for when i had my 2 12" Re se Subs and a Diamond 1000.1,

Now i have 4 Diamond D6 Subs and 4 or those amps with the same can and a battery before the cap, (one batt under hood to)

so when its sitting it reads about 14.5 volts, when i start playing, on low notes it drops to like 10V, 11V so is it doing anyhing or shold i throw my extra yellow top in its place.. lmk

Ya dude you have some major current drops. A cap won't do anything for you with that much current being pulled. You really need a more powerful Alt then batteries.

I would only use a cap if I just had alittle current drop, say if it was only dropping a 1/2 a volt to 1 whole volt at the most.

Anything more than that means you need to beef up your electrical system and do it the rite way.

1st an altenator.

2nd batteries and the propper sized power wire ran through the whole car. After that your voltage should be fine as long as you bought the rite size Alt.(Do the big 3)

3rd would be the capacitor after you have confirmed you are only haveing a very minor voltage drop or none at all.

Look at a cap as a way of keeping the power clean when your amps are trying to use their headroom.(any clean power that the amp is trying to produce past its RMS during certain musical passages.)

Terryswork001.png