Sonic Electronix

RE: New Project! - Help needed as much as possible plz

Due to some unfortunate events, i was going to upgrade my system but i couldnt.

Now im back on track and think its time i got a little louder, however i have a BIG problem  -> Limited Space.

I already have 2 15's at 1200rms each, if im right i could possibly get another 2 15's in there, BUT there will not be any air space, i would have to go sealed but even then i think it will be too tight, the MAX diementions of my boot is 38"L - 19"H - 21"D

so basically i will be pushing 4800rms with 4 15's + 4x JBL Gto1201.1 amps at 1200 each.

What do you guys think? will it be enough for air?

If not i have 2 other things i could try,

1) Fit 3 Subs In a sealed enclosure and 1 more new amp.

2) Sell off my subs and get 2 Kicker Solobaric L7's 15's PORTED(from what i heard they have the surface area of 18's) OR i could fit 3 in Sealed.

Electrical system will need upgrading but for the moment i want to focus on the Subs/Amps.

Im posting a picture of one of my old setups, just so you get a rough idea of boot space. I cant wall it up and also Box has to be a window line.

(to mods: sorry if i put in wrong section but i didnt know if it should go under amps/subs/enclosure as its a mixture)

Please move if inappropiate.

Thanks to all in advance.

post-14-1171245704.jpg

07072006_old_setup.JPG_thumb

I'd go with L7's ported.  Everyone I've talked to says they sound shitty in a sealed box.  I've only done one install with a solobaric, and it was a s10l5.  Ported it, and it sounded pretty good.  Doesn't bump super hard, but enough to hear the kid comin down the street, just like he wanted.  haha

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

You have around 8.5 usable cubic feet before displacement of subs and ports.  That should be enough for 2 15's ported, but I wouldnt try and put three.  Sealed, you could squeeze 3 in.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

its fine here

but what about some BTLs...they will put out some KNOCK!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

looks like ur port on those pioneers is wayyy too small. I've got two of the Pioneer Premier W5000SPL subs in about 4.5 cubes slot ported tuned LOWWW...and it slams. My old box was similar to urs and it hit the higher bass really hard but the low end was weak..

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

IMO...i wouldnt go with the s15l7 unless u have atleast 4.5cubes per driver ported. i personally love the sound of sealed enclosures but hated all the the l7s sealed. i think chode said go with btls...i would go with those or something else other than the kickers if u dont have the 4.5 per driver.

I would love to get BTLS!

But, im in UK..... lol

Also picture of the pioneers was my old setup, i know the port was just random 2 years ago almost i think.

Any how its easy for me to get my hand on 2 kickers here, i dont even think most the brands that are in US are here....  :unsure:

how ever would 3 kickers sealed be louder than 2 ported?

If not then im going with the 2 kicker l7's Ported baby!  :watsup:

Also going to be feeding the kickers 2400rms hope they take it! i was thinking 4 subs but i realized how stupid i am, no space but i want to get subs in. not possible.

EDIT-

Ok if im not wrong then i need the 4Ohm Subs as i will be wiring like this to get 2 ohm load...

http://www.the12volt.com/ssi/getimage.asp?...hm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Edited by iceman88

Ok from the old forum i decided that im going to go with 2 kicker 15" L7's Ported, and i wanted to tune my box up to 27hz.... from there continued! - BTW new forum is NICEEEE :P

i Love my Lows!

I'd Hate it not to bang on Young Yeez Tunes, lol

Ok now here is another question im going to bore you guys with,

My amps are 1200rms at 2 ohms, BUT the subs are dual 4ohm, now would i need to get dual 4ohm or 2ohm subs?

im going to wire the subs coils, + to + and then - to - and each sub to each amp