Mechman Alternators

Need More Idle Output On A Budget?

what about a 2000 durango with the 4.7. There is going to be a MLA module on it as well. Would a smaller pulley still gain more output over the MLA?

The overdrive pulley will boost the amperage output at idle by 20%. MLA modules do not increase output, they only raise the setpoint of the regulator.

i have a 2000 2.2 ecotec cavalier with i believe a stock 105 amp alt. What would you expect from it and quote? Pm me

Again, an overdrive pulley does not increase the total output of the alternator, it only increases the output at idle. You will have about 20% more current at idle than you do currently.

I have a stock alt now, 2000 ford explorer 4.0. If i get a pulley for that an later down the road want to upgrade the alt, can i use the same pulley or would i have to get a new one.

2000 Ford Explorer

2 USAmps MD3Ds

2 18" DC AUdio LVL 4XLs

2 Deka 9A31s

KNU Fleks 1/0 wire

headerjpg-resize.jpg

I have a stock alt now, 2000 ford explorer 4.0. If i get a pulley for that an later down the road want to upgrade the alt, can i use the same pulley or would i have to get a new one.

The pulley will work on any Ford/GM alternator, high output or stock. They are all interchangable.

• 2 weeks later...