Second Skin Audio

Im A Total Noob...help Please?

i have 2 questions. the first question is, if i have a port 15.13 inches deep and 6 inches wide, how long does it have to be for it to be tuned to 28 hz? (slot style)

second, when im finding the internal displacement of a subwoofer box do i just go around the port, or include it, or what?

any help is appreciated...thanks!

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

how big is your box what size woofer i can help u better with those things

x2

Port length will depend on the volume of the box

The internal displacement of the sub will depend on how physically big your sub is, there are ways to figure it our pretty accurately, be creative

box is 4 cubes and sub is a 15" JBL GTI MKII(i believe .839 cubes but im not sure about the displacement). i havent been able to find one, is there thread that would help me figure out to calculate ports? i feel kinda bad knowing virtualy everything else, and probly one of the easiest things i dont understand. lol.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

what are the actual dimensions of the box?

internal displacement will be 17x17x25.

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

if you do the port 15" H X 2" W it will extend into the box 20.25" for 28HZ

do you already have this box built?

i think you misunderstood but im not sure, i said the deminsions wrong. :/ the face, is 17x25, and its 17 inches deep. thats internal.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

i think you misunderstood but im not sure, i said the deminsions wrong. :/ the face, is 17x25, and its 17 inches deep. thats internal.

either way you look at it, its still 17x17x25 for enclosure volume. I usually subtract .3 cu/ft per sub (for 12's-15's) unless they're ginormous.

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com