Sonic Electronix

For a hatch subs up and port back is usually the loudest, but in some cases sub up and port to the drivers side is louder. I am speaking from experience as I am a hatch owner. I would have done my new setup subs up and port to the drivers side but I couldn't fit 2 15's that way.

The reason why some cars get louder when there is a window or sunroof open is because the car has a standing wave. When you open the window your allowing the wave to reach it's peak outside the car and it registers a higher spl inside the vehicle. It all has to do with the distance that your box is from the listening environment. Some cars the wave peaks right at the dash and is good for spl. Other cars the wave is peaking outside the car 3 feet in front of the dash and when you vent the vehicle you allow that wave to travel it's required distance making it louder.

My car is one of those cars that is louder if it is sealed up. I do gain a tenth or two on the meter when the sunroof is open, but if the windows are open it doesn't help.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

This is my old system i installed myself, well those are two directed audio 15s pumped by a hifonics 7500.1 amp. well they hit a 142 at a show in tampa last year. Funny part is i blew my amp poundin' it on the way home so i just sold the subs. oh and the other amp is hooked to my 6 inch closed back eminence in the doors. I need to know if anyone has ever heard of this brand of speaker or seen them in someone elses ride cause about 100% of anyone i talk to says" dawg I've never seen those speakers before". BTW I know the installation looks a little shady but the only thing that mattered to me was that you got the point when you heard me rolling down the street. anyway let me know if you seen someone else with these subs cause they don't seem to be popular but are definetly capable of producing some dbs.

l_d4ccbf4ae4292caca6edd83e30af1366.jpg

This is my old system i installed myself, well those are two directed audio 15s pumped by a hifonics 7500.1 amp. well they hit a 142 at a show in tampa last year. Funny part is i blew my amp poundin' it on the way home so i just sold the subs. oh and the other amp is hooked to my 6 inch closed back eminence in the doors. I need to know if anyone has ever heard of this brand of speaker or seen them in someone elses ride cause about 100% of anyone i talk to says" dawg I've never seen those speakers before". BTW I know the installation looks a little shady but the only thing that mattered to me was that you got the point when you heard me rolling down the street. anyway let me know if you seen someone else with these subs cause they don't seem to be popular but are definetly capable of producing some dbs.

l_d4ccbf4ae4292caca6edd83e30af1366.jpg

alright....

and yes...im sure most people that have been around car audio a while know of that brand...but what does that have to do with this thread?

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

alright....

and yes...im sure most people that have been around car audio a while know of that brand...but what does that have to do with this thread?

X2, I was thinking the same thing.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz