Is There Any Car Salesmen On Here?

I hope the used car market is better than the new car market. Honestly, good luck man. Jobs are hard to come by these days.

Edited by trainman0978

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

I hope the used car market is better than the new car market. Honestly, good luck man. Jobs are hard to come by these days.

preachin to the choir man....I sent my resume to over 120 places before I got this one....from what I've been told by other dealers, the used car biz isn't doing as bad as the new car biz, just strictly because they're cheaper. They gave me some other reason too but I can't remember it now. They told me their average salesman pushes 8 cars a month, if I can push 6 or 7 a month 3 months from now I'll be happy. I've been living on under $10K a year for the past 4 years, so anything about that would be great.

gickrcom_2a29f39d-4cc8-e414-f543-2.gif

www.mypsace.com/ineedagirl2006

I have sold 18 used cars below $5000 since January in Columbia, South Carolina. This is what the local market supports, but things don't look very plum out here for car sales. Good luck out your way though...

that's pretty much what I'm hoping for for these times. Our lot is full of $9000-$18000 cars and we also sell new Pontiacs and Acuras.

when times were good i was pushing out over 20 every month between new and used. i left the business when i saw where it was heading. good luck to you though. hopefully your market hasn't tanked the way ours has.

It's not too bad. Our new car sales are WAAAAY down, but used cars (where I am) is apparently just as good as it was a year ago. It's down a little bit, but hasn't gotten any lower. Plus it's tax rebate season, so business should be up at least for the next couple months.

how do you get paid? i always guessed by how many cars you sell but do you get a percentage of it or what?

every dealer is different. We have it setup that you get 25% commision. Meaning, say there's a 07 Nissan Altima on the lot with a sticker on it of $16000. You talk us down to $14000. Most people feel like they got a good deal then, which they did, but we paid $12000 for it at our dealer auction. So we made $2000 off of you. Of that $2000, I get $500. We also get an under the table check once a month for $100 for every car we sold that month, so if I sold 8 cars, I get a check for $800. ALSO have a weekly competition, whoever pushes the most cars gets $500, 2nd place gets $350, 3rd place gets $150. There's 8 salesmen total at our dealership. So if you're doing good, you're doing $$$GOOD$$$. lol