Need A Battery For Under Hood

I need a battery for my cavalier to power my sundown 1500d. Im getting a 250 amp alt from either excessive amperage or iraggi if i can ever get a hold of em. In my opinion i would like powermaster or kenitic from what i heard they are the very best. I just want one very big battery. any input?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

The powermaster D5100R has 110 minutes researve capacity. the 2700 has 180 minutes researve capacity. My question is if i go with a 16 volt alternator and battery what do i have to do to power the rest of the car? does it effect it any? any opinions?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

My Kinetik HC1400 has been fantastic under the hood, not a hitch yet...but the XS Power equivelent would be a good choice as well.

As for switching to 16V...you'll need a module to drop your voltage going to your front/car stuff and then have the 16V run back to you batts etc...there's probably more I need to mention but its really late and I cant think :(

Team Tupperware

<First dual-alternator 'real' Saturn (pre-2002) on the planet>
(3) 15" Fi SP4's fed by (2) M3a's strapped @ .667
12.75 cubes net @ 25Hz with 200 sq inches of port area (lowz...?)
Stock alt position (custom bracket) 225 amp Mechman

Roof = steel and fiberglass (u mad?)
(2) XS Power D3100's, (2) rhino batts, No battery upfront (for now, smh)
4 power+ 4 ground runs of 1/0-gauge to rear
"If its been done before...you're doing it wrong" : )

"stfu about scores and float $hit..."

• 3 weeks later...

I changed my needs once again and im going with the sundown 2000d and the 100.4. I wonder if i can fit the powermaster 3100 under the hood if thats all i need for a while until i can get rear batts? Im still just using the stock 105 amp alt.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I changed my needs once again and im going with the sundown 2000d and the 100.4. I wonder if i can fit the powermaster 3100 under the hood if thats all i need for a while until i can get rear batts? Im still just using the stock 105 amp alt.

A D3100 is not going to fit under the hood without major modification. Just leave the stock battery under the hood and put the D3100 in back. They will work fine together, plus you get the added capacity of the stock underhood battery that you have already paid for.

Archived