Need Ideas For 2003 Chevy Tahoe Door Panels

I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. I recently came across a deal on some rockford Power Series 6.5's (2 way coax). I ended up with 4 pair for $16! Anyway, I am looking for some ideas on how to do these door panels. I have done 2 sets of door panels before. I used these same speakers on the other door panels as well. I want a pair in each door. I am just looking for a different look from the 2 that I have already done. I only have pics of the front doors from a silverado. I want to do the rear doors in my Tahoe as well as the fronts. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Post pics of similar door panels if you have any.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I want to use the rockford grilles that came with the speakers.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Just glass out pods like you posted in that picture.

i made some or in the process of doing some

MATTMAN24,

are those going to replace the stock grilles in your door panels? I'm thinking of using the factory grilles & just cutting holes in them for the speakers & glassing them. What size wood did you use on your new pods? Sweet looking pods BTW!

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

MATTMAN24,

are those going to replace the stock grilles in your door panels? I'm thinking of using the factory grilles & just cutting holes in them for the speakers & glassing them. What size wood did you use on your new pods? Sweet looking pods BTW!

I wouldn't recommend that. Take the time and do it right and it will turn out to look great, if it's your first time fiberglassing it's going to be a learning experience, but don't put yourself in a position where you have to rush, and take your time and they will come out good. Do your homework, check out as many sites and threads on glassing before hand. Check out my build, and when you get to see the very final result, realize that was my first time ever using fiberglass. So don't think it cant be done good.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

This isn't my first glass job. I'm just exploring my options. I would really prefer a stock look for these pods rather that an odd shaped eyesore connected to my door panel. I'm sure it will end up looking very similar to the orange glassed pods I posted above.

dj2q.jpg

This isn't my first glass job. I'm just exploring my options. I would really prefer a stock look for these pods rather that an odd shaped eyesore connected to my door panel. I'm sure it will end up looking very similar to the orange glassed pods I posted above.

So don't make them a gloss orange. Wrap them in a vinyl the same color as the door and same texture. Look factory as can be...

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I will either wrap them or paint them black. (the Tahoe is black) Those orange pods I posted are actually in my brothers truck. I was just looking for some ideas to something different. I like the way we did the orange pods but painting the grilles was overkill in my opinion. I'm sure I'll come up with something. There is a auto upolestry shop here in town that I can get the factory material from, so I may go that route. I'm offshore right now so this project is going to happen when I go home in 2 weeks. I'm just looking for ideas right now.

dj2q.jpg

Archived