Router Problems With This Site

Okay. I have three different computers. 2 Macs , and a compaq laptop. I use a cable connection, with a motorola surfboard modem, a linksys router model # wrt54g2 V1. for the past week I have not been able to pull up this site from my home network. I looked all around, i even called up comcast... finally , this morning , I by passed the router all together, and the site will come up. the problem is , the network is down, keeping Jess from using her computer, and keeping me from using my laptop ( not a big deal ).

so why would my router block this site? I kept getting a "network timed out" message? Any body else had this problem?

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Thanks David. I tried that. But It actually didnt do any good. I did get it fixed.... but I noticed something that got me thinking .... down along the bottom of the screen , you know where you see the name of the website while it loads..... I saw this " prstats.postrelease.com "

Not sure what it was so I did a google on it.... something to do with slowing forums down for some people , on some networks, but not all. I gather it is some kinda hidden I. T. stuff that has to do with running this forum. I read that sometimes it will cause a router to basically crash, hence the " network timed out " message that I got.

So basically I went into th router i.p. webpage that takes you to all of the settings for the router and restored everything to default. I just had to go back in and reset the router name and password and now it works, Jessica's computer is working, and the laptop is yet to be tried, but I see no reason why it wouldnt work.

Dunno.... somehow I managed to clog my router up good enough to cause it to give me a problem... but as of now, it seems to be okay.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Flash your router to DD-WRT :D It's a damn cool open source firmware for the WRT-54G, heaps gruntier than the original and you can even turn up the wireless strength.

EDIT: Oops, dunno if it works with the WRT-54g2 :(

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!