Steps To High Gloss On Sub Boxs

Crump

Is it

1. Fill all screw holes with body filler

2. Lay down some resin

3. Let Harden, Primer the wood

4. Sand

5. Use Spray Paint, (does it matter which kind) if so some links to examples at (menards, or home depot)

Thanks

just get automotive primer from home depot and i dont resin my box itll ad some texture to the surface ill just put two or three coats on and sand it down and then yu can start laying primer just the way i do it

i got everything except the spray paint that makes it shine, any links?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...st&p=502970

Follow from that post to the VERY end of the thread and read all the steps I took with the spray paint.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...st&p=502970

Follow from that post to the VERY end of the thread and read all the steps I took with the spray paint.

yeah man that really helps, so waxing it gives it that oh so sexy shine?

yeah man that really helps, so waxing it gives it that oh so sexy shine?

Yes, as a final step. Put on a clear coat, but you will never get a pro finish straight from the can. You want to do a good 3-4 coats of clear if you need, (I did not need a clear on my box) But I would recommend it if you've never done paint jobs like this.

Then after a good few days for the clear coat to cure you can start wetsanding with high grit to get rid of the orange peel. Start with 1000 to get the surface equal, then do 2000 to get the swirls out from the 1000, then hit it with a polishing compound a few times, then wax many more times.

I did my chevy bowtie emblem this way, so check that out as well.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived